Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY WellyBlues
Litterick wrote:Stevie Ray Vaughan, November 12th 1984 at Mainstreet, with U.S. drummer Chris Layton and NZ bassist Neil Edwards.

It's interesting that he gets HIS sound from an Epiphone whatever and whatever the local backline was. Doesn't have to be his strat etc.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
I admit that I thought this had the potential to be a long, boring video... but it was actually really interesting !! What a master of his craft and trade, would love to hear what Bg, GrantB et al think of his work. Well worth a watch if you have a spare hour :thumbup:

Dan & Mick's reactions towards the end are priceless, I'm sure Mick even looked a bit emotional at a few points ?!
BY sty

I don't watch many of these sort of videos all the way through but I enjoyed this, great to hear him play some classic riffs through their respective distortions to understand the evolutions :)
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I admit that I thought this had the potential to be a long, boring video... but it was actually really interesting !! What a master of his craft and trade, would love to hear what Bg, GrantB et al think of his work. Well worth a watch if you have a spare hour :thumbup:

Dan & Mick's reactions towards the end are priceless, I'm sure Mick even looked a bit emotional at a few points ?!

Settling down with a beer and watching that tonight. Cheers, Jim!
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Molly wrote:Might be of interest:

Haha just downloaded that this morning, luckily I’m subscribed to Reverb on YouTube else I’d have been none the wiser.

Will watch that with a beer tonight, cheers!
BY Danger Mouse
sty wrote:

I don't watch many of these sort of videos all the way through but I enjoyed this, great to hear him play some classic riffs through their respective distortions to understand the evolutions :)

Boss Metal Zone! :D

Enjoyable vid.
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I admit that I thought this had the potential to be a long, boring video... but it was actually really interesting !! What a master of his craft and trade, would love to hear what Bg, GrantB et al think of his work. Well worth a watch if you have a spare hour :thumbup:

Interesting how Dan's Tele became far too bright after he had big fretwire fitted. I'd never considered that that might happen. Glad I went with Grant's suggestion.

I watched a PRS doco where the man himself talked about using superglue on the frets that was non-water-based. He said it didn't make sense to spend all that time and trouble getting the water out of the wood only to pour it back in with the glue. Then I watch the above video and the guy's actually soaking the fretboard prior to hammering in the frets. After forty-odd years I'm sure this bloke knows what he's doing but it just looks wrong.
BY Lyle

Working my way through the video when I get the chance. Interesting when he talks about the strat and adjusting the fret bevel as you go up the fretboard to get a bit more room at the dusty end. I think Grant did something similar to get more room on the 335(??) he refretted.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Molly wrote:Might be of interest:

Cheers, that was an interesting watch! Quite cool seeing the road as it is now from that famous Oasis album cover :-)
BY Molly
Gibson Custom Shop factory tour. At 23:40 they show some of the aging work. Not great so don't build your hopes up. Terrible music.

BY jeremyb