Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Michael
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

I'm a big Jimi fan, but this was crap. He's horribly out of tune most of the time (more so than usual), and it seems like he's just going through the motions; he wasn't into it at all.
BY sirvill
Michael wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

I'm a big Jimi fan, but this was crap. He's horribly out of tune most of the time (more so than usual), and it seems like he's just going through the motions; he wasn't into it at all.

Yeah i agree actually... I thought it was really lacklustre
BY Danger Mouse
Must suck as an artist with the kind of style and feel he had, when you have those off days (or weeks) and nothing is working for you.

We all have it but at worst we stop playing for a bit and maybe talk about it on here. He could have been having one of those moments too but his was in front of a big audience with someone pointing a camera at him recording it for all time.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Take home message here is research the crap out of whatever you are interested in buying, but he raised some good points and I thought it was an interesting watch :thumbup:

BY willow13
Jake is back ... and it is so good (apart from the fucking cigarette :rofl:

BY Lyle
Has anyone been watching the Rut Busters series?

The odd numbered videos are on the Andertons Channel and the evens on Justin Guitar. It's pretty good at showing how to apply theory in a practical sense. Justin's great at explaining things in a way where each lesson builds on from last time without getting too confusing, and I think Lee's playing has improved since the series started.
BY willow13
Lyle wrote:Has anyone been watching the Rut Busters series?

The odd numbered videos are on the Andertons Channel and the evens on Justin Guitar. It's pretty good at showing how to apply theory in a practical sense. Justin's great at explaining things in a way where each lesson builds on from last time without getting too confusing, and I think Lee's playing has improved since the series started.

I haven't but I did watched Justins play-through un boxing of the Boss Katana the other day...it was really good
BY HappyEnding
willow13 wrote:Jake is back ... and it is so good (apart from the fucking cigarette :rofl:

Better a cigarette in his mouth than a meth pipe. (Or Sharon's cock.)

Didn't care for the first Red Dragon Cartel album. This is much better. Badlands vibe. Jake and Lynch both doing good things in 2018. Life's good.
BY mrmofo

this is my stuff I do with a video maker in Australia. I do the music and she does the visuals. she was teaching print making at AUT for a couple of years until she fled back to Australia. we have been friends since we were 16.
BY Bg
sirvill wrote:

The early 90s were grim holy shit

dude, he did the solo on an Sy77... take that back!

Should have had some guitar synth excess but I was gripped from start to finish :P