Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY WellyBlues
This was interesting. And I think I'm now gassing for the SlideRig, sigh. Stacked OD's, reverb, delay, compressors, interesting. The guitarist is from The Brothers Landreth.

BY WellyBlues
Joey Landreth @SNAMM. with a 54 gold top clone and 19-65(!) flat wounds, in Open C. And near the end, a signature Fuzz.

BY WellyBlues
Molly wrote:So, I'll be stealing all of this....

I hope you do, and YT it with the Kemper and show off your tones as well as your playing. :thumbup:
BY codedog

There's a huge amount of string control there... can't help but feel my fingers are too scrawny for a lot of playing like this. Then again, that sounds like blaming the equipment...
BY Molly
codedog wrote:

There's a huge amount of string control there... can't help but feel my fingers are too scrawny for a lot of playing like this. Then again, that sounds like blaming the equipment...

No. I too noticed that the guy's hands look massive. I can't do that thumb-over stuff at all.
BY codedog
Molly wrote:
codedog wrote:

No. I too noticed that the guy's hands look massive. I can't do that thumb-over stuff at all.

I can do thumb-over to fret the 6th string, and muting down to 5th string. It's using fingers to mute neighbouring strings that can be really ropey. That thing Rabea did on your recent post was just ridiculous... that's when I think my fingers are just too short and scrawny.