Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Molly
willow13 wrote:
Molly wrote:Love Doug Rappoport's playing. It's a real lesson in just letting it breathe:

have you listened to the "no guitar is safe" podcast with steve stevens as guest? .... its awesome

No but I will. Thanks.
BY willow13
Molly wrote:
No but I will. Thanks.

should add from memory i'm 99% sure he isn't running his friedman during the podcast, think its a kemper or ax
BY Molly
willow13 wrote:
have you listened to the "no guitar is safe" podcast with steve stevens as guest? .... its awesome

Listened to this in the car over the past couple of days. That guy's incredibly accomplished, eh? Really enjoyed it. Starting from scratch now with the Satriani one. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbup:
BY willow13
Molly wrote:
willow13 wrote:

Listened to this in the car over the past couple of days. That guy's incredibly accomplished, eh? Really enjoyed it. Starting from scratch now with the Satriani one. Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbup:

yeah it is great. Paul Gilbert is great to but man the guy never has good tone haha
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Thought this was going to be horrible but was actually quite good...

Best ones for me were the Bohemian Rhapsody guy (1:26) and Comfortably Numb (8:38). Oh and the young fella completely nails the Paradise City solo on what is probably some old shitty SS amp (12:11) :shock:
BY pungalane

just watched this Muse concert live on fb. Band in top form. Lots of old songs and a small venue. Excellent.
BY willow13
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Thought this was going to be horrible but was actually quite good...

Best ones for me were the Bohemian Rhapsody guy (1:26) and Comfortably Numb (8:38). Oh and the young fella completely nails the Paradise City solo on what is probably some old shitty SS amp (12:11) :shock:

the guy in the still there (who played thunderstruck) was frikken owning it attitude wise...looked like he was having a blast :rofl:
BY kwhelan
pungalane wrote:

just watched this Muse concert live on fb. Band in top form. Lots of old songs and a small venue. Excellent.

thanks was amazing,
do a live show where the songs are chosen by the punters, they played 8 of the top 10 voted one they hadn't played since 2002, quite brave really and as usual flawless

Setlist

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2018/la-cigale-paris-france-23ee74e7.html
BY pungalane

For some reason the last link I posted died but here it is still on youtube if anyone else wants to see it.
BY jeremyb
pungalane wrote:

For some reason the last link I posted died but here it is still on youtube if anyone else wants to see it.

Awesome, they played Muscle Museum!! :thumbup:
BY willow13
pungalane wrote:

maybe the copyright owners weren't a-mused it was posted to you tube
BY Slowy
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Thought this was going to be horrible but was actually quite good...

(10:08) The kid playing Highway Star. There's not many souls brave enough to tackle Richie Blackmore.
BY kwhelan
willow13 wrote:
pungalane wrote:

was live streamed and same on facebook, think that was the point of the whole thing, very small live crowd but done for the diehard fans not a moneymaker
thats pro camera feeds not just some pirate capture
BY willow13
kwhelan wrote:
willow13 wrote:
pungalane wrote:

was live streamed and same on facebook, think that was the point of the whole thing, very small live crowd but done for the diehard fans not a moneymaker
thats pro camera feeds not just some pirate capture

maybe but then my joke wouldn't have worked ...... maybe it didn't :rofl: