Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY H671
Double Wow!
I thought that I was doing ok playing a double neck & stomp box, but that leaves me for dead.
BY philly
[quote="Mini Forklift Ⓥ"][/quote:-)
my tele at 10:18 :-)
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Watched this last night and thought it was interesting. For me, the 59 just has it. When he was playing the chords towards the end of the video it just has a warmth to it that the Custom Shop Strat is lacking. Maybe verging on cork sniffery, but hey life is short :P

BY Slowy
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Watched this last night and thought it was interesting. For me, the 59 just has it. When he was playing the chords towards the end of the video it just has a warmth to it that the Custom Shop Strat is lacking. Maybe verging on cork sniffery, but hey life is short :P

"Totally original, fully restored basket case." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Watched this last night and thought it was interesting. For me, the 59 just has it. When he was playing the chords towards the end of the video it just has a warmth to it that the Custom Shop Strat is lacking. Maybe verging on cork sniffery, but hey life is short :P

There are no end of these 'cheap v expensive' demos. They usually prove what the presenter wants them to.

All guitars can be hit-and-miss and I've never bought into the cosmic accident that seems to make guitars proportionally as good as their age (or price for that matter - well, OK I've pursued some fucking expensive guitars but many don't live up to expectation). Right now I've a $700 Tele that's easily as good as any CS example I've had but accept that my opinion might not be shared by others. It's just a question of finding the guitars that speak to you and fuck absolutely every other factor.
BY jeremyb
Pretty cool flashback! Back to when Billy was relevant!