Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Decent size huh.

Funny how he ditched Fender to go with PRS... looks like he's basically got PRS to build him a new Strat for what he's playing for soundcheck!
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Decent size huh.

Funny how he ditched Fender to go with PRS... looks like he's basically got PRS to build him a new Strat for what he's playing for soundcheck!

He had a fall-out with Fender but still plays them. The PRS connection is also because of his playing with the Grateful Dead for which he needed a more versatile guitar. And there's the PRS amp too.
BY willow13
this is almost impossible to watch without getting a tear in the eye

BY jeremyb
BY foal30
He does a Johnny Cash FPB over the Who's Pinball Wizard

I watched NIN "Hurt" Pino on bass, well I never.
BY jvpp
From PremierGuitar...

Opening noodle from JB on beaut Tele.... Love that guy's playing

BY Mattallica
Really interesting talk on valve amps, clear explanations throughout, worth watching through until the end!

BY Mattallica
sizzlingbadger wrote:That was pretty cool, I love Laney stuff.

Me too, i want one of every valve amp now. And to try the GHR
BY NippleWrestler
I've got a soft spot for Laney. I always imagines it was a bunch of grubby fat brummies smoking cigarettes, drinking tea from dirty mugs and making amps with dirty fingers.

I bought an AOR 30 and was looking to replace the filter caps in there. About 50% of the amp's components matched the schematic so I was querying do I use schematic values or parts values, which one was correct. I got a message back from Barry from the Service Department who told me they used "anything they can find in the amps" but to go with the schematics. So, this means that a 80s/90s Laney amp might sound awesome or not-so-awesome depending on what parts were on the shelf on any given day.

I like that about them.
BY Mattallica
NippleWrestler wrote:I've got a soft spot for Laney. I always imagines it was a bunch of grubby fat brummies smoking cigarettes, drinking tea from dirty mugs and making amps with dirty fingers.

I bought an AOR 30 and was looking to replace the filter caps in there. About 50% of the amp's components matched the schematic so I was querying do I use schematic values or parts values, which one was correct. I got a message back from Barry from the Service Department who told me they used "anything they can find in the amps" but to go with the schematics. So, this means that a 80s/90s Laney amp might sound awesome or not-so-awesome depending on what parts were on the shelf on any given day.

I like that about them.

From what they say in the video you're pretty much on the money!
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
codedog wrote:This should settle it once and for all... right?

Man I love that show and watch it religiously... but I just didn't find that particularly funny at all? :eh: