Re: YouTube goodness

Post by sirvill »

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Check out some of this dudes other vids of him playing, pretty tasty shit!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:errrrrr

best part of that is the picture to the video

that folklore metal type metal should be great but in general it sucks. I don't get why they all seem to come across as joke bands. Bathory did the viking thing and it was "serious" music the was great ...... these types of bands need to stop the carnival type thing and make good heavy music that makes you go WOW that kicks ass :mrgreen:
Like the Drummer's work. :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

jeremyb wrote:Check out some of this dudes other vids of him playing, pretty tasty shit!

Still in 360 damnit !! :mad:

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

sirvill wrote:
as always they are tight as hell but for me ultimately boring. I saw them years ago at the cool venue on queen st (ak) that burnt down and was blown away at how tight the were live and how smooth all the time shifts and clean/dirty guitars switching was. But I also remember after about 3 songs thinking i'd seen enough

Realistically I was a huge fan of "still Life" but only a moderate fan of anything else they did so as they have evolved I lost all interest in them. Had a listen to their last album and just could get through it
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Back when I was 16 or so (early 90's) I went to a Patrick Eggle guitar clinic in Birmingham, UK. The late Big Jim Sullivan was playing it (very tasteful player) along with a long haired lanky guitarist called Jan Cyrka (had moments of being tasteful - however he did have a rather nice tone from memory). Not sure why he was doing the clinic as he was oddly trying to promote them and sing their praises whilst doing his set with his hand-painted(s) 9-'s Kramer shred machine. Having said all of the above, I found I could relate to his playing as he was an accessible/simpler version of the Vai's and Satriani's that were popular at that time. Just went back and listened to these couple of tracks for the first time in 20+ years, actually pretty good :wave:

Shimmer
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Shimmer »

I laughed hard at first thinking it was a parody, but on digging deeper it is kind of a sad tale of a someone who genuinely believes their 'talent'...
I want all the pedals!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Wow.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Shimmer wrote:I laughed hard at first thinking it was a parody, but on digging deeper it is kind of a sad tale of a someone who genuinely believes their 'talent'...
The way he clicked that pedal off at the end was sublime :clap:

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

He's right tho

I can't
:mental:

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
I'm a big Jimi fan, but this was crap. He's horribly out of tune most of the time (more so than usual), and it seems like he's just going through the motions; he wasn't into it at all.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Michael wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
I'm a big Jimi fan, but this was crap. He's horribly out of tune most of the time (more so than usual), and it seems like he's just going through the motions; he wasn't into it at all.
Yeah i agree actually... I thought it was really lacklustre

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Must suck as an artist with the kind of style and feel he had, when you have those off days (or weeks) and nothing is working for you.

We all have it but at worst we stop playing for a bit and maybe talk about it on here. He could have been having one of those moments too but his was in front of a big audience with someone pointing a camera at him recording it for all time.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

looked so out of it I doubt he cared a toss, probably thought he was nailing it

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Take home message here is research the crap out of whatever you are interested in buying, but he raised some good points and I thought it was an interesting watch :thumbup: