YouTube goodness

Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: YouTube goodness

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:With some of the wider bridges (don't ask me to quote their names - ABR1 XYZ ABC - f'ked if I know) it's hard to avoid the strings touching the back of the bridge regardless of which way around you put the saddle screws. Top-wrapping helps I reckon. If you flip your bridge you'll need to fart around changing the saddles because of the slots. Maybe just top-wrap it?
Cool, good to know. Yep I always top-wrap :-)

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Cool video, always digged Richie's music. Amazing singer as well as guitarist.

Nice little run through of his signature Tele as well as the combo version of his new signature Victory amp... damn it looks nice :clap:

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:With some of the wider bridges (don't ask me to quote their names - ABR1 XYZ ABC - f'ked if I know) it's hard to avoid the strings touching the back of the bridge regardless of which way around you put the saddle screws. Top-wrapping helps I reckon. If you flip your bridge you'll need to fart around changing the saddles because of the slots. Maybe just top-wrap it?
Cool, good to know. Yep I always top-wrap :-)
ABR-1 is the skinnier bridge normally the intonation screws are pointing towards the neck, the Nashville style bridge is the wider one that normally has intonation screws pointing towards the tail piece. I think being wider the Nashville ones tend to have more issues with hitting the back of the bridge if you screw down the stoptail.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Cool video, always digged Richie's music. Amazing singer as well as guitarist.

Nice little run through of his signature Tele as well as the combo version of his new signature Victory amp... damn it looks nice :clap:
It's a cool amp. I bought it over the Sheriff because I didn't want just another take on a Marshall and I think the RK has its own thing. Also liked the idea of built on trem, reverb and boost.

The boost adds a bit too much gain I reckon. It's more an increase in gain than volume though volume does increase a bit. It's a really dynamic amp though so it's easy to clean it up a bit by rolling back.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Have been watching this again tonight, second track is a ripper :clap:

Might take a few replays to spot him, but Greg Boyed in the audience at 9:31 (down towards the bottom right)? I would typically dismiss this but I know he was a guitarist and muso so it's a possibility :?:

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

this channel has some 15 minute pieces on the session men including Muscle Shoals and Motown. For those interested. Haven't watched them yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEF-5j ... A6GBpVTepw
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:
Watched that last week, interesting. Wonder what the amp he was playing through was, as from memory he refers to it as something small and white?

I liked his humbleness, how he said a good part of the success of the guitar was down to luck. He could probably teach Gibson a few things about chambering too!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote: Watched that last week, interesting. Wonder what the amp he was playing through was, as from memory he refers to it as something small and white?
Ronnie Corbett?
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote: I liked his humbleness, how he said a good part of the success of the guitar was down to luck. He could probably teach Gibson a few things about chambering too!
Also could put go bed a lot of 'tone wood' cork sniffery.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Really enjoyed this, saw it posted on another forum :thumbup:

"My buddy Matt O'Ree, who played in Bon Jovi's touring band with Phil X, and who won Guitar Center's King of the Blues competition years ago, is a long time Trainwreck player. He also has this gear and lesson-oriented video series on YT. Anyway, he is putting together a series of videos to showcase some current Trainwrecks built by John Mark, and some original amps built by Ken Fischer, including Ken's personal one that he got on-loan from Ken's family. He brought in some modern LPs, vintage strats, to show a variety of combinations. I also let him borrow an old guitar of mine.

Here is his first video in the series, which has him playing my guitar through his personal Trainwreck.

If you want to just jump right to the playing, skip to 6:35 and 11:13.

Personally, I had never heard a Trainwreck in person until I showed up at the studio the day this was recorded. All of the amps sounded unlike anything I had heard before. Ridiculously touch sensitive, and a level of brightness that I couldn't believe. You can so much presence in the video that I'd swear it was a different guitar. Brightest amps I've ever heard. Strangely enough, the sound fits real well with his band. Cuts right through when playing live. I think that cab/speaker combo he's using contributes alot, as later in the day, we tried an old Marshall cab and it was much darker. Very cool amps.

There's a bunch more videos coming in the upcoming weeks. I'll share any that have a vintage LP in them."

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Really enjoyed this, saw it posted on another forum :thumbup:
From 11:15 really cool, dynamic stuff. Sounds fantastic. Thanks for posting.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times