null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Re: How to sound like an 80s guitarist

Post by null_pointer »

And actually music is subjective to an extent, but what I hate most about fandom is the ‘us and them’ sheep mentality that goes into many fan bases. Def Leppard aren’t shit by any stretch of the imagination, just not some peoples’ cake of fish. And most of the reaction for and against is less about the music and more about the fashion/group/cults of personality that surround them - ‘not hard enough’, ‘too sappy’, ‘posey’, ‘sell-outs’ etc. It’s music not a runway show, judge the songs for what they are.
I like Megadeth and Maiden, and I also love Erasure and Duran Duran. And own t-shirts for none of the above.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Came for chorus pedals.

Leaving disappointed.

The Oracle
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by The Oracle »

Just found some old tracks I did through the Rockman X100 to see what sort of sounds it could do, including a re-make of Hysteria I did...18 layered tracks of drums included. Gives you a little idea on the chorus sound. All guitar sounds you hear are through the X100.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

The Oracle wrote:Just found some old tracks I did through the Rockman X100 to see what sort of sounds it could do, including a re-make of Hysteria I did...18 layered tracks of drums included. Gives you a little idea on the chorus sound. All guitar sounds you hear are through the X100.
What a great result - the 80s in a box for sure

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

null_pointer wrote:And actually music is subjective to an extent, but what I hate most about fandom is the ‘us and them’ sheep mentality that goes into many fan bases. Def Leppard aren’t shit by any stretch of the imagination, just not some peoples’ cake of fish. And most of the reaction for and against is less about the music and more about the fashion/group/cults of personality that surround them - ‘not hard enough’, ‘too sappy’, ‘posey’, ‘sell-outs’ etc. It’s music not a runway show, judge the songs for what they are.
I like Megadeth and Maiden, and I also love Erasure and Duran Duran. And own t-shirts for none of the above.
I'll happily admit I loved Hysteria when it came out, must give it another listen as I've been hitting up a lot of that era of stuff, Slippery When Wet has been getting a lot of playtime for example!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by vintage52 »

jeremyb wrote:
null_pointer wrote:And actually music is subjective to an extent, but what I hate most about fandom is the ‘us and them’ sheep mentality that goes into many fan bases. Def Leppard aren’t shit by any stretch of the imagination, just not some peoples’ cake of fish. And most of the reaction for and against is less about the music and more about the fashion/group/cults of personality that surround them - ‘not hard enough’, ‘too sappy’, ‘posey’, ‘sell-outs’ etc. It’s music not a runway show, judge the songs for what they are.
I'll happily admit I loved Hysteria when it came out, must give it another listen as I've been hitting up a lot of that era of stuff, Slippery When Wet has been getting a lot of playtime for example!
Social Disease.....love the riff.....
Wellington

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

I`ve rediscovered Ratt, the EP is the shiz
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Aquila Rossa wrote:He is playing a Destroyer. i like those. A bucket list gat for sure.
For no good reason whatsoever I really would love one of the candy apple red one Adrian Smith used back in the day :)

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

sty wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:He is playing a Destroyer. i like those. A bucket list gat for sure.
For no good reason whatsoever I really would love one of the candy apple red one Adrian Smith used back in the day :)
C'mon, the Number of the Beast video is good enough reason!

You know, where the lady in the ballroom dancing couple suddenly dons what looks like a $2 shop wookie mask for no apparent reason.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

my mate who i got my destroyer from is a bit of a fiend for them-he has 4 at moment.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

"wookie noise"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 12.22.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 12.22.44 PM.png (49.67 KiB) Viewed 3941 times

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Could be worse you could be a hair metal singer

Clones

:mental:

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

I loved Indie Music until people I don't love started loving Indie Music
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

I had a Sisters of Mercy T-Shirt

A co-worker asked if I was a Timaru Catholic
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

foal30 wrote:I had a Sisters of Mercy T-Shirt

A co-worker asked if I was a Timaru Catholic
:lol: I had a woman in pak n save ask me about mine, wanted to know if it was a religious thing, I should really get a new one, this one is currently only suitable for gardening in...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.