Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

heavysoul
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 6 times

Re: What are you learning?

Post by heavysoul »

I'm currently learning Ocean Colour Scene's The Circle. To be honest I already know how to play it but I am now learning to play it note-by-note.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I'm about to learn Mr Blue Sky by ELO, just because it always makes me smile :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

satisfactory learning that, nice and easy obviously, I've always loved that little solo!

This week I've been mostly covering old ground, Peter Greens Watch Out. Shit my fingers are sore, lots of bending and vibrato and a mix of major and minor pentatonics. Nailed this about 7 years ago and have forgotten it as we never ended up playing it live so I never really practiced it. And going back over some Rory Gallagher stuff before that too gets lost to the mists of time and red wine.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sakuarius102
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by sakuarius102 »

Yesterday I learned a easy Christmas song :-)) We wish you a merry christmas.
But usually last months I learn a fingerstyle o fingerpicking version of classics songs.

Regards !

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Still struggling through cliffs of Dover. I'm up to the last couple of bars. Which are also the fastest and hardest bars in the song.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 274 times

Post by calling card »

I'm practising being a dead bluesman.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Believe it or not, some Elliot Easton. Just what I Needed is quite a cool solo. And the solo for JEW - The Middle. Always just did a facsimile of it, and thought screw it I'm going to do the proper version for a change.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

willow13 wrote:trying to "learn" how to drum to one of my songs. it shifts from 5/4 to 9/8 to 4/4 then repeat .... its really fucking with my VERY basic drumming brain
If i had to write that out i'm thinking:
1.2/1.2.3
1.2.3.4/1.2.3/1.2
I might get my djent on
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Lately, I've been listening to a bit of Van Halen (loathed them the 1st time around)

I am now trying to improve my tapping runs but on an acoustic bass, it's a bit of an olympic effort keeping it up for any reasonable length of time, and then there's the fret noise. Still, it's good for the character, I suppose. And building up strength.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

La Belle Damme Sans Regret, Dominic Miller.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

MSG. Attack of the Mad Axeman.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Might have a crack at the guitar stuff from the end credits for Ren and Stimopy. Nice bit of playing that.

The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Danger Mouse wrote:Might have a crack at the guitar stuff from the end credits for Ren and Stimopy. Nice bit of playing that.

Haha that's fucking awesome. Brings back memories that does. Might get the band to learn that if we need to put in a little instrumental break.
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Vince wrote:it's a bit of an olympic effort keeping it up for any reasonable length of time
Well you are getting on in the years Vince!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

jeremyb wrote:
Vince wrote:it's a bit of an olympic effort keeping it up for any reasonable length of time
Well you are getting on in the years Vince!
That reminds me...

A newly wed couple is on honeymoon in Amsterdam and they decide to go for a walk in the famous red light district. They explore the area and then she's curious about a theatre on a side street, advertising a guy dressed as Tarzan. The poster promises "Tarzan" can smash walnuts with his cock.

They pay their money and go in and sure enough, after a couple of other acts, this guy dressed in a leopardskin loincloth comes out, followed by a hot girl assistant. The assistant prepares a little table with some walnuts and "Tarzan" pulls out his cock and WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! smashes all the walnuts into dust with his dick.

The couple are very impressed and enjoy the rest of their honeymoon.

A few decades later they decide to renew their vows and go for a 2nd honeymoon. They liked Amsterdam so much that they decide to go back. After some effort, they find the same theatre. A bit the worse for wear. The poster advertising "Tarzan" is still up, too. A bit faded from the sun, but hey it's been a while. They buy their tickets and go inside.

After a couple of acts, "Tarzan" goes onstage. He definitely looks older, the loincloth is a bit moth-eaten. The hot assistant is decidedly saggy but she still lays out the table. Only this time it's not walnuts on the table but coconuts. Tarzan pulls his cock out and WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! smashes the coconuts into dust.

The husband is speechless. After the show, he storms into Tarzan's dressing room and demands "THIRTY YEARS AGO YOU WERE SMASHING WALNUTS WITH YOUR COCK! NOW THIRTY YEARS LATER YOU'RE SMASHING COCONUTS! HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO IT!?!?!?!?" and Tarzan gives him a sad look and says "Yeah, I know... But what do you expect, I'm getting older and don't see so well anymore!"
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook