Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY foal30
Just about got The Perfect Kiss done. Needs the Steinberger for that high E...
BY foal30
Bg wrote:
foal30 wrote:If we do this it can't sound like Frente.

I worked out Crystal this afternoon but the kids are not here to upload the image
I will certainly bring a full set of challanges JB :lol:

I've done a backing track to that, I'm not posting as I need to keep something back for my auckland band! Nah if its useful though I can do you the mp3's, let me know.

Thanks. I'm not sure how I'd use them but sounds like TG and JB are up to speed.
BY foal30
Dano_NZ wrote:Learning to sing. Downloaded Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy. I do 30 mins most nights and have added 5 semi-tones to the voice since April which may sound like slow progress but has opened up a whole heap more songs to sing and I'm more use as a backing singer with my current local pub duet gig, especially as the lead singer likes to transpose up!

Good for you Dan. Do you use a piano to help?
BY Slowy
Looped the opening chords for Pretenders 'Chain Gang' (No idea why; moment of senility). Started noodling over it and disappeared for an hour and a half before suddenly realising that I had a cheerful summery tune that bore no resemblance at all to its origins.

I need to do this more often.
That's what I'm learning.
BY Clanger
Learning a few songs on mandolin. My finger tips are crusty and worn from it.

Copperhead Road - Steve Earle
The Battle Of Evermore - Led Zeppelin
Irish Washerwomen - Leroy Anderson
BY foal30
Today I charted out "Addict" by K's Choice and "Valeire" by Amy Winehouse. I also heard this amazing cut by AW called "My Tears Dry on Their Own" which is Motownesq Magic. Definitly got the Ain't No Mountain thing happening

Clever and cool.
BY Bg
Still in a new order frame of mind, had to do this from scratch as I couldn't find a midi for it. Some of the guitar is a bit rough but I'll re-record at some stage if need be. My half a hand shandy bass features on two tracks :D sounds not half bad... Took a good week or so to sort, moving onto krafty next, thats half done so far.

BY mrmofo
i'm trying to get some Jerry Reed licks down
So far massive fail on my part
BY foal30
Bg wrote:Still in a new order frame of mind, had to do this from scratch as I couldn't find a midi for it. Some of the guitar is a bit rough but I'll re-record at some stage if need be. My half a hand shandy bass features on two tracks :D sounds not half bad... Took a good week or so to sort, moving onto krafty next, thats half done so far.

Good one. I havent listened to that Album more than once I think. Must investigate further.
BY Frey
That's really cool BG, never heard that track before