Its all in the fingers, or is it?

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg
cheers fullas, yeah vocals on the way when I finally have time to tidy up the studio and get a half decent recording of them :)

Got to get the band together now ;)
BY Bg
foal30 wrote:Live drums?

maybe, but they'd need to play to the track, fully intend using drum tracks for the authentic feel.
BY foal30
Bg wrote:
foal30 wrote:Live drums?

maybe, but they'd need to play to the track, fully intend using drum tracks for the authentic feel.

Probably a lot easier not to. Let us know how you get on
BY danmunners
I'm trying to get better at lead and someone suggested I learn Vai and Satriani. I've never even listened to them before. Not my kind of music but like Paganini, I can appreciate the skill. I'm learning For The Love of God by Vai first. The bends/tricks/vibrato is fairly easy, for me it's the shredding that will be a bit more difficult. I can play fast fingerstyle, coming from a classical background but my pickwork leaves a bit to be desired.
BY Zaulkin
danmunners wrote:I'm trying to get better at lead and someone suggested I learn Vai and Satriani. I've never even listened to them before. Not my kind of music but like Paganini, I can appreciate the skill. I'm learning For The Love of God by Vai first. The bends/tricks/vibrato is fairly easy, for me it's the shredding that will be a bit more difficult. I can play fast fingerstyle, coming from a classical background but my pickwork leaves a bit to be desired.

You could try some tasteful shredding and look into Andy Timmons. Also Satriani has some pretty cool stuff that has been dwarfed by his more mainstream hits.
BY olegmcnoleg
yeah, Andy Timmons is your man. He has great subtlety and restraint in his playing, really inspirational. Plus his tone is also a lot more, um, musical, to my ears.
BY jeremyb
Wheeeeee looks like I'll be recreating some new order tracks too! Time to channel my inner Gillian!
BY Bg
jeremyb wrote:Wheeeeee looks like I'll be recreating some new order tracks too! Time to channel my inner Gillian!

dude, I've spent a couple of weeks immersed in vanishing point, which is my favourite technique track. Still loving it. The auckland band is actually taking shape, I'm not ready yet but hey.... :) I'll post a preview track later, just want to get some bass in, but I'm pretty happy with the mix. Its a live mix with no finesse, but sounds great for what I want
BY Bg
and yeah, you guys are welcome to be our support band when we play down that way ;)
BY jeremyb
Bg wrote:and yeah, you guys are welcome to be our support band when we play down that way ;)

The generosity! :lol:
BY foal30
jeremyb wrote:
Bg wrote:and yeah, you guys are welcome to be our support band when we play down that way ;)

What songs are you looking at covering?
BY Bg
foal30 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:

What songs are you looking at covering?

All of them :) nah I'm not made up yet, 3 sets of 8 songs maybe. Predominantly New Order but best joy division in there. If we did a gig together we'd pick and choose :)