Effect Pedal switch types

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

What type of effects pedal switch do you like?

The small round metal switch (retro style)
50%
The big Boss-style footswitch section
50%
The crappy plastic switches on budget range pedals
No votes
The multi-FX style switches (polygon shaped and raised)
No votes

Total votes: 12

Mike_Hosking
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Mike_Hosking »

if u mean electronically i get it, othawise im lost lol.

yea i was gonna say about the padding, i hav a lil pad on the pedel part of mine, if that was gone it'd b a mission to push down, but, a dunlop pedel break? since wen?
success is fleeting, but artistry lasts forever.

gregtarr
I am Marshall, hear me roar!

Post by gregtarr »

Visionless_Guitarist wrote:those vibrations aro most likely the reverb unit
No, this isn't even amplified. Press your headstock against a wooden object and play a chord. You'll hear the object vibrating and amplifing your guitar.
Now, my Crybaby is completely standard (as far as I know anyway). It also has the LED, I had to unsolder it and change the height of it. I'm wondering why your wah is still hard to turn on and off. Does the underneath of the moveable part of the pedal have pads where it touches the body of the wah when it is fully closed? Maybe they're too large. That is the only thing I can think of. But adding a little height to the button is probably an ok idea. I would suggest that you glue something to where the button presses against the moveable part of the pedal instead of the other way around, I reckon you could do a better job like that.
Other than that, what mod did Paul Crowther do on it? Just a true bypass?

Mike_Hosking
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mike_Hosking »

o yes the old boarding skool trick, with the wood, vibrations in the wall push off sound waves, very cool.
success is fleeting, but artistry lasts forever.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

gregtarr wrote:Go to the switch and screw the washer thing that is on the shaft down a bit (so the switch sits a bit higher - just a little bit higher though). Now stick it all back together - and the switch should be a little higher, and therefore you don't have to press down quite so hard to switch it.
the 'washer thing' would be the locknut. If you've adjusted the locknut as far down as possible and it still isn't switching right - take the locknut off altogether and put 2 or 3 thin washers on instead, if no good take a washer off at a time till its right. You make it sound a lot harder than it is, it should only take a few minutes to do.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Red Fred wrote:The LED is connected to a little pcb board on the bottom the of the switch so the LED is inline with the switch. You get it? :lol:

I might just put more padding where the switch hits the pedal...
Nope don't really understand, so the pcb is fixed to the switch? Sounds a bit dodgy if that is the case... try the padding but make sure its stuck with epoxy or something strong - you don't want it to go at an inoportune moment!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Yeah on the bottom of the switch there is a small piece of pcb, that also has the LED attached to a rubber staff. So it is inline (parallel) with the switch. The LED sits just above where the pedal ends when looking at the wah normally. :)

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

oh that's a bit of a bugger! not well planned out at all, get the epoxy resin out mate, and stick a washer or two to the pedal. Do you use the LED at all?

I've never bothered fitting one to mine as its one of those effects that is pretty much obvious if its on or not.

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Nah it's all good, I was impressed with Paul's work actually :P

Yeah well I left mine on one time for ages and wondered why I had a really bassy sound...so yeah :?