NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Looper…is it worth spending up ?

Post by NZTone.e »

I reckon, go the RC500, I couldn’t fault it in any way.

I just wanted the infinity because I’m Boss racist and wanted something different…

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 863 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

I did a lot of research into these a few months back. I agree with the previous post 100%--the Boss RC500 is the way to go...so I also bought an Infinity. :-). And for the same reason.

Sad thing is it never turned up...I bought it off TM...grrr. So I still don't have a looper.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 826 times
Been liked: 1315 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm I did a lot of research into these a few months back. I agree with the previous post 100%--the Boss RC500 is the way to go...so I also bought an Infinity. :-). And for the same reason.

Sad thing is it never turned up...I bought it off TM...grrr. So I still don't have a looper.
Oh no!
Infinity it is then !

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Maybe you ordered the unfunity

redgierocker
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by redgierocker »

Sleep
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Sleep »

Pigtronix is analog dry through and 24 bit / 48 kHz HD.

Boss is 32 bit ad/da conversion.

The sample quality will largely be imperceptible between the two,.. however analogue dry through always wins out over ad/da conversion for me.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 656 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

To be honest, I’d get what has more footswitches. This stupid single or dual magical tap dance nonsense takes all the joy out of looping
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

TmcB wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:56 pm To be honest, I’d get what has more footswitches. This stupid single or dual magical tap dance nonsense takes all the joy out of looping
This. Having separate switches for loop/overdub and stopping is essential.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

TmcB wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:56 pm To be honest, I’d get what has more footswitches. This stupid single or dual magical tap dance nonsense takes all the joy out of looping
So what’s the go ?

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

ok this might be a silly question:

is there a looper that will send my guitar signal to my guitar amp and the drums/bass/keys to a full range monitor ?
Or do I just get a good full range monitor and (omg shudder) get a modeling amp pedal thing?

Goal - to do some demos of some of my cool guitars and amps
- to compose new tunes for the band

Or yeh, is the the looper game just one that youd play will full range monitors and modeling ?

redgierocker
Stagg
Stagg

Post by redgierocker »

You can put the looper anywhere in your signal chain. Usually, you put it at the end just before your amp/monitors.

redgierocker
Stagg
Stagg

Post by redgierocker »

So, if you’re running your signal into a real amp, then you’d put it right before the amp.
Alternatively, if you have an effects loop, you can put it at the end of the effects loop.

Basically put it as close the speaker on the signal chain as possible.

You don’t need an amp modeller, although a lot of those come with decent loopers 🤔

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:21 am ok this might be a silly question:

is there a looper that will send my guitar signal to my guitar amp and the drums/bass/keys to a full range monitor ?
and modeling ?
Yes, a stereo looper (e.g. RC30) could be used with guitar left channel and misc instruments right channel. Problem will be combining all the signals, but I actually have a small 5 channel mixer that you can borrow if you're wanting to play that game.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

Regarding footswitches, I had an infinity and made up a two button footswitch to go with it, absolute necessity IMO.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by NZTone.e »

robthemac wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:36 am
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:21 am ok this might be a silly question:

and modeling ?
Yes, a stereo looper (e.g. RC30) could be used with guitar left channel and misc instruments right channel. Problem will be combining all the signals, but I actually have a small 5 channel mixer that you can borrow if you're wanting to play that game.

Interesting, I had an RC30 for years and never thought of using it like that, but then I have to wonder why would you bother?

This apparently is for home use, composing band songs etc, trying a setup to separate guitar from everything else seems needlessly complicated.

Just get the RC600 which has all the guitar modelling built in, can do all sorts of amazing things and just run everything into something full range.

By the time you’ve bought this and that to get working off a lesser looper you may as well have just bought the bigger looper!