Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY Polar Bear
#819920
jeremyb wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:
jeremyb wrote:But it's about the feel a coily cable gives you, a straight one can't replicate that!

Yep! But it doesn't cut treble any more than a straight cable is the point we're making. :)


You guys have missed my attempts at humour twice now :(

I've not had coffee yet.
User avatar
BY Polar Bear
#819921
codedog wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:
jeremyb wrote:But it's about the feel a coily cable gives you, a straight one can't replicate that!

Yep! But it doesn't cut treble any more than a straight cable is the point we're making. :)


That treble thing has been mentioned for a long time. Do you think it's a matter of better material these days? Then again, I would've thought not... but...

Curly cables, when they're long cause treble loss. Cause they're long. So if you've got 50ft of cable running across the stage, it's not going to matter if it's curly or straight, you've got more signal loss. I think that this was a big part of it. Also, as you've mentioned, better materials and better understanding will have helped as well.
User avatar
BY Conway
#819927
Slowy wrote:MASSIVE MEA CULPA. PLEASE READ!!!

When I replied, he pointed out that Music Planet didn't have a shop there and it must have been MusicWorks.

He is of course, perfectly correct.

I'm now choking on a huge slab of humble pie with dickhead fool for dessert. :oops:

This is what happens when the rest home lets its residents out into the community to go on shopping trips... :wink:
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#819930
Single coil wrote:Yeah I don’t get it


My Brian may treble booster comment was a dig at Danny for saying his cable lost treble :lol:
User avatar
BY Terexgeek
#819945
codedog wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Yep! But it doesn't cut treble any more than a straight cable is the point we're making. :)


You guys have missed my attempts at humour twice now :(


:oops:

Nah, not JB's best work. Maybe there's room for a riff about wrapping the coils around a cock?
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#819964
Terexgeek wrote:
codedog wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
You guys have missed my attempts at humour twice now :(


:oops:

Nah, not JB's best work. Maybe there's room for a riff about wrapping the coils around a cock?


My cables would look more like the springs from your car than an old school phone cable!
User avatar
BY Terexgeek
#819973
jeremyb wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
codedog wrote:
:oops:

Nah, not JB's best work. Maybe there's room for a riff about wrapping the coils around a cock?


My cables would look more like the springs from your car than an old school phone cable!

Access all areas huh?
User avatar
BY Slowy
#820010
Conway wrote:
Slowy wrote:MASSIVE MEA CULPA. PLEASE READ!!!

When I replied, he pointed out that Music Planet didn't have a shop there and it must have been MusicWorks.

He is of course, perfectly correct.

I'm now choking on a huge slab of humble pie with dickhead fool for dessert. :oops:

This is what happens when the rest home lets its residents out into the community to go on shopping trips... :wink:

Yes. Thank you Conway.
At least I can still drive a shopping trolley.
User avatar
BY Slowy
#820221
Cdog wrote:Next time, you can try making one instead. Straight lead + rod + heat gun. You'll have to buy your own snakeskin boots tho

You reckon I could do that? Jeez, I don't even know which store I'm in..
User avatar
BY Slowy
#820719
My new coily cable has arrived. Many thanks to Polar Bear who amazingly, still seems to be talking to me. I chose a red one so I never forget the burn. :rofl:

Danny, I have compared it to my straight cables: no difference. Nada. You might have a dud one.