Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY philly
in sydney i tried to get a band together with some mates doing "classic rock" covers... purple... free.. bad company...but not the obvious stuff
and a few originals in that vein
just for a laugh really
i had an old school marshall stack... speaker fabric correct... a custom shop 69 strat (white and maple neck.. naturally..)... flared jeans ("lionels") and clogs
.. and curly leads

my keyboard player mate actually played with paul kossoff for a while so there was that too

i dunno.. i just find curly leads and clogs a sort of kitsch retro ironic coupling

no offence intended :-)
BY Slowy
philly wrote:i dunno.. i just find curly leads and clogs a sort of kitsch retro ironic coupling

None taken. For me, it's functionality. I have plenty of excellent straight leads. By the third song, the one between my guitar and pedalboard has curled into loops determined to trap my feet. Alternatively, it drapes itself all over my pedals and I'm forever kicking the damn thing away.
At which point it wraps around my legs.
BY Polar Bear
AiRdAd wrote:I don't know what all the fuss is about the vox coily cables. My one is easiest the worst sounding cable I've ever had. It's like paying money to have the life sucked out of your tone.

Hmm, when did you purchase it? They’re a regular 20 foot cable, scientifically. Happy to send you a replacement if you’ve got a faulty one!
BY Terexgeek
Slowy wrote:
philly wrote:i dunno.. i just find curly leads and clogs a sort of kitsch retro ironic coupling

None taken. For me, it's functionality. I have plenty of excellent straight leads. By the third song, the one between my guitar and pedalboard has curled into loops determined to trap my feet. Alternatively, it drapes itself all over my pedals and I'm forever kicking the damn thing away.
At which point it wraps around my legs.

Start turning in the opposite direction, your dancing has a bias in One Direction.
BY jeremyb
Polar Bear wrote:
Slowy wrote:
philly wrote:can't help with the cable but these might appeal

https://www.trademe.co.nz/clothing-fash ... 2b3ba33126

I don't get the reference but I'm sure it won't embiggen me. :(

Brian May was known for curly hair, curly guitar lead and clogs.

Maybe the treble booster was because of the cable! ;)

I love my coily cables, the practicalities of not tripping over it on stage or in the bedroom when playing make them essential in my mind!
BY Terexgeek
jeremyb wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:
Slowy wrote:I don't get the reference but I'm sure it won't embiggen me. :(

Brian May was known for curly hair, curly guitar lead and clogs.

Maybe the treble booster was because of the cable! ;)

I love my coily cables, the practicalities of not tripping over it on stage or in the bedroom when playing make them essential in my mind!

A 20m cable is a 20m metre cable, capacitance shouldn't increase because it's curly?
BY jeremyb
But it's about the feel a coily cable gives you, a straight one can't replicate that!
BY jeremyb
Polar Bear wrote:
jeremyb wrote:But it's about the feel a coily cable gives you, a straight one can't replicate that!

Yep! But it doesn't cut treble any more than a straight cable is the point we're making. :)

You guys have missed my attempts at humour twice now :(
BY codedog
Polar Bear wrote:
jeremyb wrote:But it's about the feel a coily cable gives you, a straight one can't replicate that!

Yep! But it doesn't cut treble any more than a straight cable is the point we're making. :)

That treble thing has been mentioned for a long time. Do you think it's a matter of better material these days? Then again, I would've thought not... but...
BY codedog
jeremyb wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:

You guys have missed my attempts at humour twice now :(

:oops: