Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
Kloppsta wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I tried the joyo voodoo octave my old band mate had and it sounded horrible, maybe it was his rig :(

yep, they have the potential to sound horrid like any "old skool" fuzz really. gotta make sure there isnt anything crazy happening impedance wise, so first pedal in the chain is a good idea. also, in my experience, sounds best with "low output" single coils and into a cleanish, slightly breaking up amp.

get the recipe right and its tonal bliss :)

I'm a big fuzz fan, and totally agree on the slightly breaking up amp thing, makes a world of difference! :thumbup:
BY Kloppsta
jeremyb wrote:
Kloppsta wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I tried the joyo voodoo octave my old band mate had and it sounded horrible, maybe it was his rig :(

yep, they have the potential to sound horrid like any "old skool" fuzz really. gotta make sure there isnt anything crazy happening impedance wise, so first pedal in the chain is a good idea. also, in my experience, sounds best with "low output" single coils and into a cleanish, slightly breaking up amp.

get the recipe right and its tonal bliss :)

I'm a big fuzz fan, and totally agree on the slightly breaking up amp thing, makes a world of difference! :thumbup:

yeah bro. i always used to think running fuzz into totally clean was how it was done, until i read about running them into slightly overdriven amps. when i tried that with my Big Muff's it was a eureka moment!
BY jeremyb
It really fattens up your tone, it's like the old DS-1, sounds crap into a clean amp, but it was never designed for that, run it into a dirty amp and it's gold!
BY el byrdo
I only buy cheap pedals. Second hand.

Best purchases?

Sonic research strobe tuner for 150
Ibanez ad-80 for 200
cdog tweedish tourist for 120
goodrich volume pedal for 60 (these are creme de la creme of pedal steel volume pedals... too obscure to market tho)
bignoise (nelson maker) turbo tube screamer. I gave it to nelson blues rock legend lou bragg because he was using an ibanez soundtank tube screamer.

I dunno. I'm looking at the mooer ana echo. Could be a go...
BY jeremyb
Terexgeek wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Joyo analog echo (MXR CC clone?!?) going cheap at $38 right now: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JOYO-JF ... 67045.html

Grabbed one for myself :)

I thought they were doing their own thing?!? :P

:lol: they had to start somewhere eh!! :mental:
BY jeremyb
Joyo American arrived today, hopefully get to try it out tomorrow :)
BY jeremyb
Joyo tremolo seems like a good platform for modding! Theres heaps of info out there on how to do these kind of mods, like: https://imgur.com/r/diypedals/5XGuD

BY NippleWrestler
You need a deft touch with the joyos if you're thinking of modding. They use very flimsy components compared to the more expensive manufacturers. I busted my tremolo trying to mod it and I've modded about 40 boss pedals and crybabies without a hitch.
BY mugamee
I recently bought a muosky demon ts9/808 for 40$ landed. Bought it for kicks. Sounds good but after 5 mins I remembered why I am not a ts person lol.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
el byrdo wrote:I'm looking at the mooer ana echo. Could be a go...

You should grab my CKK Soul Echo. Definitely one of the best cheap pedals I have owned
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
My vote goes to the CKK Soul Echo, I’ve also had their space reverb/delay pedal but prefer the Soul Echo tape delay.

Worst pedals in my experience have been Joyo. The Octave one was just awful and the delay picked up the radio when you turned the amp up! To be fair their AC30 one wasn’t too bad but quality seems to be hit and miss with them. Just my experience as I know many people on here seem to like them
BY el byrdo
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
el byrdo wrote:I'm looking at the mooer ana echo. Could be a go...

You should grab my CKK Soul Echo. Definitely one of the best cheap pedals I have owned

Yeah that sounds great in demos. If it hasn't sold by next week I'll give you a bell...