jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: The Best 'Cheap' Pedals

Post by jeremyb »

Kloppsta wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I tried the joyo voodoo octave my old band mate had and it sounded horrible, maybe it was his rig :(
yep, they have the potential to sound horrid like any "old skool" fuzz really. gotta make sure there isnt anything crazy happening impedance wise, so first pedal in the chain is a good idea. also, in my experience, sounds best with "low output" single coils and into a cleanish, slightly breaking up amp.

get the recipe right and its tonal bliss :)
I'm a big fuzz fan, and totally agree on the slightly breaking up amp thing, makes a world of difference! :thumbup:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Kloppsta »

jeremyb wrote:
Kloppsta wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I tried the joyo voodoo octave my old band mate had and it sounded horrible, maybe it was his rig :(
yep, they have the potential to sound horrid like any "old skool" fuzz really. gotta make sure there isnt anything crazy happening impedance wise, so first pedal in the chain is a good idea. also, in my experience, sounds best with "low output" single coils and into a cleanish, slightly breaking up amp.

get the recipe right and its tonal bliss :)
I'm a big fuzz fan, and totally agree on the slightly breaking up amp thing, makes a world of difference! :thumbup:
yeah bro. i always used to think running fuzz into totally clean was how it was done, until i read about running them into slightly overdriven amps. when i tried that with my Big Muff's it was a eureka moment!
Little by little, by hook or by crook

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

It really fattens up your tone, it's like the old DS-1, sounds crap into a clean amp, but it was never designed for that, run it into a dirty amp and it's gold!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Well I just bought a looper for $42 delivered so let's see if it's shit or not.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Joyo analog echo (MXR CC clone?!?) going cheap at $38 right now: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JOYO-JF ... 67045.html

Grabbed one for myself :)

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

jeremyb wrote:Joyo analog echo (MXR CC clone?!?) going cheap at $38 right now: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JOYO-JF ... 67045.html

I thought they were doing their own thing?!? :P
Tin arse!!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Terexgeek wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Joyo analog echo (MXR CC clone?!?) going cheap at $38 right now: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JOYO-JF ... 67045.html

I thought they were doing their own thing?!? :P
:lol: they had to start somewhere eh!! :mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Joyo American arrived today, hopefully get to try it out tomorrow :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Joyo tremolo seems like a good platform for modding! Theres heaps of info out there on how to do these kind of mods, like: https://imgur.com/r/diypedals/5XGuD

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

You need a deft touch with the joyos if you're thinking of modding. They use very flimsy components compared to the more expensive manufacturers. I busted my tremolo trying to mod it and I've modded about 40 boss pedals and crybabies without a hitch.

mugamee
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by mugamee »

I recently bought a muosky demon ts9/808 for 40$ landed. Bought it for kicks. Sounds good but after 5 mins I remembered why I am not a ts person lol.
Fuzz Face Forever...
Get in touch with me via Instagram: mugvug_and_ollie

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

el byrdo wrote:I'm looking at the mooer ana echo. Could be a go...
You should grab my CKK Soul Echo. Definitely one of the best cheap pedals I have owned

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

My vote goes to the CKK Soul Echo, I’ve also had their space reverb/delay pedal but prefer the Soul Echo tape delay.

Worst pedals in my experience have been Joyo. The Octave one was just awful and the delay picked up the radio when you turned the amp up! To be fair their AC30 one wasn’t too bad but quality seems to be hit and miss with them. Just my experience as I know many people on here seem to like them

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

My must haves for cheap clone pedals are the Caline Timmy clone, a Klone (to me my Movall sounds better than the Soul food, more open), and the Joyo Analog delay (Carbon copy). I dont like the Enos, had the Rat and the Muff, both sucked compared to real ones / other clones.

Caline Snake Bite reverb is excellent for the money, im also a fan of their Fulldrive2 FET clone. (Crazy Cacti)
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I tried my joyo American out yesterday on bass into my THR10X and it sound awesome, going to try recording with it to see how it really sounds.