Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
It just looks so weird with the PRS headstock... I'm sure it's an epic guitar but aesthetically...
BY Molly
jeremyb wrote:It just looks so weird with the PRS headstock... I'm sure it's an epic guitar but aesthetically...

I'm coming around to it to be honest. Expecting it to be sterile for some reason though.
BY Conway
Molly wrote:
jeremyb wrote:It just looks so weird with the PRS headstock... I'm sure it's an epic guitar but aesthetically...

I'm coming around to it to be honest. Expecting it to be sterile for some reason though.

I've played one. It's not sterile. But very vintage spec's - small frets and vintage radius.
BY Molly
Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:

I've played one. It's not sterile. But very vintage spec's - small frets and vintage radius.

Don't mind the radius but skinny frets aren't my favourite.
BY godgrinder

The reversed PRS headstock also makes it look like a cheap Schecter (or LTD)...

BY chur
Reg18 wrote:
StratMatt wrote:The new Pete Thorn amp looks sweet.

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2019-suhr ... -tube-amp/

This looks good, bypasses the need for an IR loader and load box. Great idea!

Had a feeling it would have IR's involved given hes well into them.
Glad they put the knobs at the bottom of the head too vs his other sig model.
BY Molly
higainer wrote:Friedman BE100 DLX looks the shizz

Sounds the biz too.

BY Kiwiaxe
Looks like lots of excitement for Kemper owners. The long (very long) awaited editor has made an appearance. And this is less than a week after new reverb algorithms (apparently comparable to Strymon) have just been released. And there’s something new on the way (called “Kemper Kone”) that’s presently attracting lots of speculation.
BY Molly
Kiwiaxe wrote:Looks like lots of excitement for Kemper owners. The long (very long) awaited editor has made an appearance. And this is less than a week after new reverb algorithms (apparently comparable to Strymon) have just been released. And there’s something new on the way (called “Kemper Kone”) that’s presently attracting lots of speculation.

Clever buggers.

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2019-kemp ... announced/

Not the gadget I'm waiting for though.
BY Molly
Cheers Keon. Was thinking during that that the gear available just continues to expand. Must be because as much as anything that the music industry is also the entertainment industry. So even if we're not creating great art we're at least indulging our hobbies.