Boss GT-1000 Vs HeadRush?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Boss GT-1000 Vs HeadRush?

Post by Mini Forklift »

Okay, I’m not convinced this is something that would be up my alley but I’m interested.

Just read the review of the Boss GT-1000 in issue 436 of Guitarist magazine, looks pretty good and no doubt sounds even better. What would be the significant differences between this unit and the HeadRush? Looks like the HeadRush is $300 cheaper than the Boss, is this mainly a brand thing or is the Boss unquestionably better?

Bear in mind I have no interest or knowledge with regards to MIDI and my brain struggles trying to comprehend things like sampling, patches, sims etc.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Boss GT-1000 Vs HeadRush?

Post by Bg »

I might have mentioned some issues with the headrush....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

I have the GT-1000 and it's wonderful. It's everything I've dreamed of having in a fairly compact unit. I haven't tried the Headrush but from what I've heard of it I prefer the Boss unit.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

$1,900 for the Boss so you'd want to be sure.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

If you've got any questions on the GT-1000 :wave:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

slash-ed wrote:If you've got any questions on the GT-1000 :wave:
I probably have lots... but I don’t understand any of them.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Helix lt
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

Bg wrote:Helix lt
This.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bg wrote:Helix lt
Yes, but a bit of a jump in price. Nek level though I’m sure

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:$1,900 for the Boss so you'd want to be sure.
And I’m not, hence the thread. I know I am interested, but I think I’m more curious than sure.

There is a GT-1 on TradeMe that I though about grabbing just to get my feet wet, although it’s probably nothing like the GT-1000 at all.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

You need to have a serious think about what you want out of this kind of purchase, because unless you have a clear purpose in mind for it, e.g. compact rig for gigging, flexible home recording option, then this kind of thing will not be for you :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

jeremyb wrote:You need to have a serious think about what you want out of this kind of purchase, because unless you have a clear purpose in mind for it, e.g. compact rig for gigging, flexible home recording option, then this kind of thing will not be for you :(
Mainly as something just to inspire creativity and have some fun. Highly likely I don't have enough 'reasons' for it to become a want or need.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:$1,900 for the Boss so you'd want to be sure.
And I’m not, hence the thread. I know I am interested, but I think I’m more curious than sure.

There is a GT-1 on TradeMe that I though about grabbing just to get my feet wet, although it’s probably nothing like the GT-1000 at all.
GT-1 is actually a great choice for getting into multi effects. Affordable, compact, and all the effects and amps are from the previous flagship GT-100. And the signal chain workflow is like a stripped down version of GT-1000 so if you can get your head around one you'll learn the other soon enough. (And in any case GT-1000 has a mobile app editor so maybe that doesn't even matter as much)
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

to get your feet wet I'd go something like a zoom g3x at around 300 , very user friendly program wise, has a simple stomp box mode and nothing wrong with the sounds, plenty of patches available on net Somebody was trying to sell one a while back on here
you can always then upgrade if you find you like the idea, I have one sitting under my desk at work and its perfect for lunchtime jams or practise. not a sound I couldn't create including leslies, simple harmonisers etc

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

slash-ed wrote:GT-1 is actually a great choice for getting into multi effects. Affordable, compact, and all the effects and amps are from the previous flagship GT-100. And the signal chain workflow is like a stripped down version of GT-1000 so if you can get your head around one you'll learn the other soon enough. (And in any case GT-1000 has a mobile app editor so maybe that doesn't even matter as much)
Thanks for that, I'll look into it :thumbup: