Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 63 times

Axe FX iii

Post by casemysta »

Half pie considering selling my ii and getting a iii
Biggest win for me would be the LCD screen.
CPU upgrade isnt really phasing me as im not trying to sound like a symphony
The reverbs sound killer in some of the vidz of seen

Obv limited people would have tried these but keen to get some input. :D

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Re: Axe FX iii

Post by HackSaw »

Coming to gearfest? I'll be there at least for 12 to 2, maybe 3. Can check it out there.

But yeah, it is awesome, best money I have ever spent!

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

I am definitely keen to try/hear Hacksaw's III. What are you running it through Scott? Maybe I should bring my power amp so we can hear it through a cab.

I think it's early days yet as I imagine things will only get better with time and updates. Will be interesting though.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by HackSaw »

Running it through... hopefully someone has something spare! Otherwise I will have the headphones.

Yeah I haven't scratched the surface of dialling it all in. I did purchase the pack I can't recall the name of, Austin naked amps or something. Guy has dialled in all the amps and matched with cabs to take a chunk of the work out of it. Some incredible sounding (and importantly feeling) models in there.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

HackSaw wrote:Running it through... hopefully someone has something spare! Otherwise I will have the headphones.

Yeah I haven't scratched the surface of dialling it all in. I did purchase the pack I can't recall the name of, Austin naked amps or something. Guy has dialled in all the amps and matched with cabs to take a chunk of the work out of it. Some incredible sounding (and importantly feeling) models in there.
Problem is that running through a cab would mean you have to turn the cab models off, which will change the sound quite a bit. Could give it a go though.

casemysta
Fender
Fender

Post by casemysta »

How did you end up going about getting it?
And what did it cost to land?
Gonna be super tight but ill try and get along!
HackSaw wrote:Coming to gearfest? I'll be there at least for 12 to 2, maybe 3. Can check it out there.

But yeah, it is awesome, best money I have ever spent!

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by HackSaw »

went on the independent music waiting list. http://www.independentmusic.co.nz/fract ... xe-fx-iii/

Got the email, and decided to just go for it and grab it. Pricing is pretty good to be honest. And the customer service was excellent.

If you're in town but can't make gear fest you're welcome to pop over in the evening or Sunday to try it out.

casemysta
Fender
Fender

Post by casemysta »

Oh dude that would be awesome
Will try my best to make gearfest but if i ant Sunday between 10-12 would be sweet
Will keep in touch - will PM ya my mobile :D

HackSaw wrote:went on the independent music waiting list. http://www.independentmusic.co.nz/fract ... xe-fx-iii/

Got the email, and decided to just go for it and grab it. Pricing is pretty good to be honest. And the customer service was excellent.

If you're in town but can't make gear fest you're welcome to pop over in the evening or Sunday to try it out.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Played one briefly at Melbourne Guitar Show a few months back. I mean, it's great. But the previous iterations were already great. For me the main improvements really were the screen, more power, and the new floorboard. Which is a lot of money to pay for functional/UI improvements... Nothing tone-based jumped out as being a revolutionary new step for the technology.
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

slash-ed wrote:Played one briefly at Melbourne Guitar Show a few months back. I mean, it's great. But the previous iterations were already great. For me the main improvements really were the screen, more power, and the new floorboard. Which is a lot of money to pay for functional/UI improvements... Nothing tone-based jumped out as being a revolutionary new step for the technology.
Even though I haven't tried the III yet, that's what I expected. I can barely tell the difference in the comparison videos. There was a little difference between the Ultra and the II.

I pretty much set up all my patches using the editor and forget about them, but the updated screen would be handy for those moments when you don't have a PC. Funnily enough this situation only seems to occur when I'm showing another guitarist what an AxeFX can do. I think a II is more than enough power for most players, I know I barely scrape the surface of mine.

Field testing is still required though. *Rubs hands together*

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

We're probably getting to the stage where TVs have "past participle of get" - you can tel the difference in 4k vs 1080p side by side, but in a blind trial of one you'd be hard pressed to tell which it was.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

I think in a blind trial you'd have a very hard time seeing a TV at all.
Loving it so far