Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY Conway
#801366
bender wrote:On that note though- I’m yet to hear a modelling product that doesn’t sound like it has post compression applied to it. The exception might be Conway’s kemper profile of my reverberocket amp. Just an unscientific observation

Thanks for the detailed post above, Ben.

The profile was actually of Phil's Swart AST. I never got around to profiling the Reverberocket during the brief period I owned it.
User avatar
BY Conway
#801368
I bought the Mad Professor hand-wired off trademe last night, so we'll give that a go. Of course, now that I have my new PRS, I probably won't be playing single coil guitars so much, which means it could all be pretty meaningless... :lol: :roll:
User avatar
BY bender
#801409
Conway wrote:
bender wrote:On that note though- I’m yet to hear a modelling product that doesn’t sound like it has post compression applied to it. The exception might be Conway’s kemper profile of my reverberocket amp. Just an unscientific observation

Thanks for the detailed post above, Ben.

The profile was actually of Phil's Swart AST. I never got around to profiling the Reverberocket during the brief period I owned it.


Oh that’s right! I liked the sound of that profile- understandable given how awesome that amp it!
User avatar
BY bender
#801410
Conway wrote:I bought the Mad Professor hand-wired off trademe last night, so we'll give that a go. Of course, now that I have my new PRS, I probably won't be playing single coil guitars so much, which means it could all be pretty meaningless... :lol: :roll:


Still useful for sure
User avatar
BY Slowy
#801470
Conway wrote:I bought the Mad Professor hand-wired off trademe last night, so we'll give that a go. Of course, now that I have my new PRS, I probably won't be playing single coil guitars so much, which means it could all be pretty meaningless... :lol: :roll:

Happy NGD Conway! :thumbup:
User avatar
BY jvpp
#801471
I took bender's advice re the route 66 compressor... so if you still want to try different things....
User avatar
BY GrantB
#801474
Who has that Swart? Phil’s Swart?
User avatar
BY Single coil
#801488
jvpp wrote:... so if you still want to try different things....


omg jb pls
User avatar
BY Conway
#801523
Slowy wrote:
Conway wrote:I bought the Mad Professor hand-wired off trademe last night, so we'll give that a go. Of course, now that I have my new PRS, I probably won't be playing single coil guitars so much, which means it could all be pretty meaningless... :lol: :roll:

Happy NGD Conway! :thumbup:

Thanks mate. Took some photos so will do a NGD. Beware!
User avatar
BY Conway
#801524
GrantB wrote:Who has that Swart? Phil’s Swart?

My memory is a bit dim, but I'm pretty sure it sold on trademe, outside the NZG family.
User avatar
BY Conway
#801525
jvpp wrote:I took bender's advice re the route 66 compressor... so if you still want to try different things....

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want a miniature toilet on my pedalboard! :moresarc:
User avatar
BY GrantB
#801533
Conway wrote:
GrantB wrote:Who has that Swart? Phil’s Swart?

My memory is a bit dim, but I'm pretty sure it sold on trademe, outside the NZG family.

dammit
User avatar
BY jvpp
#801653
Conway wrote:
jvpp wrote:I took bender's advice re the route 66 compressor... so if you still want to try different things....

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want a miniature toilet on my pedalboard! :moresarc:


I got the later version that looks like a pedal
User avatar
BY bender
#801816
Conway wrote:
jvpp wrote:I took bender's advice re the route 66 compressor... so if you still want to try different things....

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want a miniature toilet on my pedalboard! :moresarc:


The toilet look never bothered me, but the bulkiness did. It’s a shame because the have some great sounding pedals. The Open Road was an awesome sounding OD.