Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Conway
bender wrote:On that note though- I’m yet to hear a modelling product that doesn’t sound like it has post compression applied to it. The exception might be Conway’s kemper profile of my reverberocket amp. Just an unscientific observation

Thanks for the detailed post above, Ben.

The profile was actually of Phil's Swart AST. I never got around to profiling the Reverberocket during the brief period I owned it.
BY Conway
I bought the Mad Professor hand-wired off trademe last night, so we'll give that a go. Of course, now that I have my new PRS, I probably won't be playing single coil guitars so much, which means it could all be pretty meaningless... :lol: :roll:
BY bender
Conway wrote:
bender wrote:On that note though- I’m yet to hear a modelling product that doesn’t sound like it has post compression applied to it. The exception might be Conway’s kemper profile of my reverberocket amp. Just an unscientific observation

Thanks for the detailed post above, Ben.

The profile was actually of Phil's Swart AST. I never got around to profiling the Reverberocket during the brief period I owned it.

Oh that’s right! I liked the sound of that profile- understandable given how awesome that amp it!
BY bender
Conway wrote:I bought the Mad Professor hand-wired off trademe last night, so we'll give that a go. Of course, now that I have my new PRS, I probably won't be playing single coil guitars so much, which means it could all be pretty meaningless... :lol: :roll:

Still useful for sure
BY Slowy
Conway wrote:I bought the Mad Professor hand-wired off trademe last night, so we'll give that a go. Of course, now that I have my new PRS, I probably won't be playing single coil guitars so much, which means it could all be pretty meaningless... :lol: :roll:

Happy NGD Conway! :thumbup:
BY jvpp
I took bender's advice re the route 66 compressor... so if you still want to try different things....
BY GrantB
Who has that Swart? Phil’s Swart?
BY Single coil
jvpp wrote:... so if you still want to try different things....

omg jb pls
BY Conway
Slowy wrote:

Happy NGD Conway! :thumbup:

Thanks mate. Took some photos so will do a NGD. Beware!
BY Conway
GrantB wrote:Who has that Swart? Phil’s Swart?

My memory is a bit dim, but I'm pretty sure it sold on trademe, outside the NZG family.
BY Conway
jvpp wrote:I took bender's advice re the route 66 compressor... so if you still want to try different things....

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want a miniature toilet on my pedalboard! :moresarc:
BY GrantB
Conway wrote:
GrantB wrote:Who has that Swart? Phil’s Swart?

My memory is a bit dim, but I'm pretty sure it sold on trademe, outside the NZG family.

dammit
BY jvpp
Conway wrote:
jvpp wrote:I took bender's advice re the route 66 compressor... so if you still want to try different things....

I got the later version that looks like a pedal
BY bender
Conway wrote:

The toilet look never bothered me, but the bulkiness did. It’s a shame because the have some great sounding pedals. The Open Road was an awesome sounding OD.