Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
Danger Mouse wrote:Guitars need tuning?

Thats one thing I miss about my floyd guitars, always in tune when you pull them out of the case :(

Would be keen to give an evertune bridge a go!
BY Danger Mouse
jeremyb wrote:

Thats one thing I miss about my floyd guitars, always in tune when you pull them out of the case :(

Yeah I get spoiled by my FR guitars, I don't need to tune them, I don't break strings (they do sound a bit dull after a while, but I only play at home so not important).

I could use one for my 5 string acoustic I guess, where ever in the house that is.
BY Vince
jeremyb wrote:comparing them side by side with a pitchblack they both read differently which is a little concerning...

I've always found tuning to be more of an art than a science though. I usually tune with the tuner and then still have to make sure it''s tuned the way I want it.
BY willow13
Vince wrote:
jeremyb wrote:comparing them side by side with a pitchblack they both read differently which is a little concerning...

I've always found tuning to be more of an art than a science though. I usually tune with the tuner and then still have to make sure it''s tuned the way I want it.

yeah generally I don't tune to open strings. Normally I tune at the 7th fret, that seems to find a good balanced tuning all over the neck
BY Zaulkin
The TC electronic ones are great but pricey.

I've been using some old carvin ones for... 9 years now. Still going strong.

I don't really recommend the planet waves/Daddario mini clip on tuner. I keep one on my school guitar because I want the least hassle/set up time with that rig, but it's hard to read. The good thing about them is they don't look as ugly.
BY Bg
I tend to buy a couple of joyo ones when I buy strings from Dave..... I can still only find one though :(
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
The two I have I both got from TradeMe for about $12 each. The shipping was nearly $6... as much as the tuner! Got them a couple of years ago and haven’t had to replace the batteries in either of them yet.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
willow13 wrote:Normally I tune at the 7th fret, that seems to find a good balanced tuning all over the neck

Interesting, how did you stumble upon this little nugget?
BY willow13
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
willow13 wrote:Normally I tune at the 7th fret, that seems to find a good balanced tuning all over the neck

Interesting, how did you stumble upon this little nugget?

not sure really, I must have seen a video somewhere I assume. I had a guitar that was in tune for when playing open chords but when I played an E power chord at the 7th fret it sounded off (intonation was fine) so I experimented with using different frets for tuning and the 7th seemed to be the most consistent when playing over the whole neck
BY Single coil
7th fret harmonic is a good balance
BY Slowy
olegmcnoleg wrote:

Only acoustics :-)

Got the Korinacaster out of its case for the first time in about 3 months. Went to tune it... still perfect. 8)