Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Clip on Tuners

Post by Slowy »

I have one.
Well actually I had one last week, stuffed if I know where it's gone now.

But they're useful, so I will buy another. Don't remember what my ex one was which probably says everything about it. Cost $20 or so from the Shop of Rock and it seemed to chew batteries.

So

Do I buy another cheapie or are there worthy units out there deserving of more sacrificial dollars ; something whose identity I could actually remember?

Opinions? Advice? Do I just buy two cheapies and double my chances of being able to find one?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Clip on Tuners

Post by jeremyb »

I have the korg cheapie, works well enough, but would have bought the polytune if they were in stock at the time, pricey but epic!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

ive got a polyclip,it works well for individual strings but the poly mode is rubbish-a bit like the pedal version;)
battery lasts for ages too.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Kris wrote:ive got a polyclip,it works well for individual strings but the poly mode is rubbish-a bit like the pedal version;)
battery lasts for ages too.
I have a polytune pedal. The poly mode has never seemed to work in any way I can understand. You saying you too?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

yeap i've owned the pedal and the poly mode is always a bit flat.i havent tried the polypitch or the other variants though.I ended up going with something else purely as i didnt want to mute the signal when the pedal was engaged/

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

The Snark ones from Music Planet are great. Battery lasts for ages, accurate and easy to read. You should go hunting for one.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

I can also recommend the Snark tuner, I have 3 (well 2, one I can't find after the move), cheap, pretty accurate, nice bright display, simple to use and battery lasts well.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Another vote for the TC polyclip thingy here. Been using the D'Addario/Planet Waves clip one ones for a while but they're damn hard to read, the Polyclip thing is just lovely to use and far more usable than my fallback Polytune app on my iPhone ;)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote:The Snark ones from Music Planet are great. Battery lasts for ages, accurate and easy to read. You should go hunting for one.
As a fan of the work of Mike Batt, I have to say, 'Well played Sir!'
We still need to do the beer and tuners thing. I'm just too damn busy at the moment. :eh:

harveysj
Squier
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by harveysj »

Boss TU01 for me. Bright display and good on batteries.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Yeah the polytune pedals seem more like a gimmick than anything useful, I do like how quick they are in single string mode and comparing them side by side with a pitchblack they both read differently which is a little concerning...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Have two snark clip ons. Ones chromatic and works when it feels like it. The other is for guitar and bass and works great.
I’ve had the chromatic one for years. I think it’s on its third battery.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by vintage52 »

I use a Korg Rim Pitch......

:)
Wellington

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
bender wrote:The Snark ones from Music Planet are great. Battery lasts for ages, accurate and easy to read. You should go hunting for one.
As a fan of the work of Mike Batt, I have to say, 'Well played Sir!'
We still need to do the beer and tuners thing. I'm just too damn busy at the moment. :eh:
Ah who can forget the timeless classic "remember you're a womble"
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Snark works well for me.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...