Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Slowy
I have one.
Well actually I had one last week, stuffed if I know where it's gone now.

But they're useful, so I will buy another. Don't remember what my ex one was which probably says everything about it. Cost $20 or so from the Shop of Rock and it seemed to chew batteries.

So

Do I buy another cheapie or are there worthy units out there deserving of more sacrificial dollars ; something whose identity I could actually remember?

Opinions? Advice? Do I just buy two cheapies and double my chances of being able to find one?
BY jeremyb
I have the korg cheapie, works well enough, but would have bought the polytune if they were in stock at the time, pricey but epic!
BY Kris
ive got a polyclip,it works well for individual strings but the poly mode is rubbish-a bit like the pedal version;)
battery lasts for ages too.
BY Slowy
Kris wrote:ive got a polyclip,it works well for individual strings but the poly mode is rubbish-a bit like the pedal version;)
battery lasts for ages too.

I have a polytune pedal. The poly mode has never seemed to work in any way I can understand. You saying you too?
BY Kris
yeap i've owned the pedal and the poly mode is always a bit flat.i havent tried the polypitch or the other variants though.I ended up going with something else purely as i didnt want to mute the signal when the pedal was engaged/
BY bender
The Snark ones from Music Planet are great. Battery lasts for ages, accurate and easy to read. You should go hunting for one.
BY k1w1
I can also recommend the Snark tuner, I have 3 (well 2, one I can't find after the move), cheap, pretty accurate, nice bright display, simple to use and battery lasts well.
BY sty
Another vote for the TC polyclip thingy here. Been using the D'Addario/Planet Waves clip one ones for a while but they're damn hard to read, the Polyclip thing is just lovely to use and far more usable than my fallback Polytune app on my iPhone ;)
BY Slowy
bender wrote:The Snark ones from Music Planet are great. Battery lasts for ages, accurate and easy to read. You should go hunting for one.

As a fan of the work of Mike Batt, I have to say, 'Well played Sir!'
We still need to do the beer and tuners thing. I'm just too damn busy at the moment. :eh:
BY jeremyb
Yeah the polytune pedals seem more like a gimmick than anything useful, I do like how quick they are in single string mode and comparing them side by side with a pitchblack they both read differently which is a little concerning...
BY Single coil
Have two snark clip ons. Ones chromatic and works when it feels like it. The other is for guitar and bass and works great.
I’ve had the chromatic one for years. I think it’s on its third battery.
BY Bg
Slowy wrote:
bender wrote:The Snark ones from Music Planet are great. Battery lasts for ages, accurate and easy to read. You should go hunting for one.

As a fan of the work of Mike Batt, I have to say, 'Well played Sir!'
We still need to do the beer and tuners thing. I'm just too damn busy at the moment. :eh:

Ah who can forget the timeless classic "remember you're a womble"