meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Re: Surprises

Post by Polar Bear »

Shimmer wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
KNNZ wrote:This
Can you get the Boutique ones over here now? General consensus is they’re the best of the bunch :-)
I'm curious as to how much clean headroom the non-clean ones have (e.g. Boutique/AC/Rock)
I'm leaning towards a Clean as I mostly use pedals, but it might be nice to have some gain in there as well...
The clean is all headroom, even with buckers, the Ac is the same as any full valve ac, so a little. The boutique, depending on pickups is all clean until between 1 o’clock (hot buckers) and 3 o clock (single coils). It’s very faint at full gsin, so not a linear change. It does sound excellent though.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Terexgeek wrote: Come to think of it, anyone want to buy a Tweaker?
Trade for a DSL100?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

JHorner wrote:
Trade for a DSL100?
trade you for a hd500x :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Bg wrote:trade you for a hd500x :)

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Terexgeek wrote:I have an Egnator Tweaker 18 that I really love, and it's pretty cheap for a valve amp, but with the small practice room we have it's too loud. The point where it really sounds great is just way too much and the bassist and drummer have to get loud to be heard, and then the ringing in the ears afterwards means damage is occurring. So I have a 2x12 Katana that is cheaper and in 0.5 Watt mode feels and sounds great at a lower volume. The Tweaker is not getting played.
Come to think of it, anyone want to buy a Tweaker?
Pm me what you want for it mate :)
:mental:

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
KNNZ wrote:This
Can you get the Boutique ones over here now? General consensus is they’re the best of the bunch :-)
Yes! I got it from Music Planet! and it's even on sale now!

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

The Laney V30 is a great sounding amp.

Another cheapo good one is the Orange Tiny Terror.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Would absolutely hoon laney vc30.
Crate v33 wasn’t too bad an amp - takes the cake as poor mans ac30.

Really happy with this solid state business.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

I only get fussy about tone if i have learned a bunch of guitar parts off a record and then get a little perfectionist trying to get the tone right so sounds like the original and it fits well with backing tracks I like to jam to. For noodling around doing my own thing I am not finicky at all about tone being a certain way. If I like what I hear, it will do. The Laney has a distinctive sound that I like, but it is not good for trying to cop the tones of another kind of amp.

That said, I do dream of uncovering a huge stash of Phillips Miniwatt or RCA etc electrical components like valves, capacitors, and those transistors in the old fuzz pedals. At some old abandoned military base or somewhere like that. I would feel like I had dug up a Saxon horde. Build clones and have a really long cork sniffing session :)

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Bg wrote:
JHorner wrote:
Trade for a DSL100?
trade you for a hd500x :)
Are you referring to the DSL Bg?
Tin arse!!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

Aquila Rossa wrote:I only get fussy about tone if i have learned a bunch of guitar parts off a record and then get a little perfectionist trying to get the tone right so sounds like the original and it fits well with backing tracks I like to jam to. For noodling around doing my own thing I am not finicky at all about tone being a certain way. If I like what I hear, it will do. The Laney has a distinctive sound that I like, but it is not good for trying to cop the tones of another kind of amp.

That said, I do dream of uncovering a huge stash of Phillips Miniwatt or RCA etc electrical components like valves, capacitors, and those transistors in the old fuzz pedals. At some old abandoned military base or somewhere like that. I would feel like I had dug up a Saxon horde. Build clones and have a really long cork sniffing session :)
I had big plans for purchasing a swag of valves and sniffing hot glass with them in the Tweaker, but it sounded great as is and I preferred spending the time playing it.
Tin arse!!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Terexgeek wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:I only get fussy about tone if i have learned a bunch of guitar parts off a record and then get a little perfectionist trying to get the tone right so sounds like the original and it fits well with backing tracks I like to jam to. For noodling around doing my own thing I am not finicky at all about tone being a certain way. If I like what I hear, it will do. The Laney has a distinctive sound that I like, but it is not good for trying to cop the tones of another kind of amp.

I had big plans for purchasing a swag of valves and sniffing hot glass with them in the Tweaker, but it sounded great as is and I preferred spending the time playing it.
Hand in your forum membership right now Craig.

:lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

jeremyb wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:

Hand in your forum membership right now Craig.

:lol:
I've not just let the forum down, I've let myself down.
Tin arse!!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Next you'll be telling us you have one of those new fangled Katana things and how great it is! THE SHAME!!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Frey wrote:
bbrunskill wrote:My Ric has more or less killed guitar GAS for me. It does the main sound I need better than anything else, very easy and comfy to play. I like very much my little Laney VC15, but i have a sneaky feeling it's not the ultimate.
love that jangle pop Ricky tone! have you tried a celestion blue? what about long plate JJ 12AX7s? that could get you most of the way to "ultimate"! tone is subjective and lies in the fingers remember!
you're not convincing me . . . anyway, when I want more jangle, I just play more jangle-y-er . .. bit closer to the bridge, open strings, bobs you're uncle.