Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY StrummersOfThunder
Id like to get something to dirty the showman up a little.
Must play well with single coils, especially teles.
Be nice to be able to dial in dirt and back off on level so the amp doesnt have to be run too low. if you know what i mean.
Definitely want something subtle.
What say you good folk?
BY Slowy
StrummersOfThunder wrote:Id like to get something to dirty the showman up a little.
Must play well with single coils, especially teles.
Be nice to be able to dial in dirt and back off on level so the amp doesnt have to be run too low. if you know what i mean.
Definitely want something subtle.
What say you good folk?

Timmy. Or for a middy flavour, something Klonnish like an Archer.
BY MrDINO
I use an Exotic RC. Anything sounds great with it. Amp needs to be pushed a bit though otherwise a rat or something like that?
BY bender
StrummersOfThunder wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Silverpistol Judge!

I think bender uses one of these. Might have to borrow it and give it a go.

Not all that different from your super chilli picoso, but worth a crack. Otherwise the Bronson is a great option. I also have a Supro flavoured OD that could be fun.
BY Single coil
Boss sd1 and clip C6 out.
BY Delayman
StrummersOfThunder wrote:Like i really dig the sound of this okko pedal in this clip (from about 1.50 onwards)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtZS3uJvqa4

I know some people find that guy annoying, but I always like the sounds he gets with that okko!
BY StrummersOfThunder
Delayman wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:Like i really dig the sound of this okko pedal in this clip (from about 1.50 onwards)

I know some people find that guy annoying, but I always like the sounds he gets with that okko!

I dont see how you could find him annoying. he doesnt say anything.
now chappers and the captain on the other hand...
BY Delayman
Delayman wrote:

Haha I posted a clip with greg on one time and somebody said he makes them want to scream. Might have been Grant.

I don’t mind chappers and captain, their review of the Korg miku was pretty entertaining.
BY StrummersOfThunder
Delayman wrote:
Delayman wrote:

Haha I posted a clip with greg on one time and somebody said he makes them want to scream. Might have been Grant.

I don’t mind chappers and captain, their review of the Korg miku was pretty entertaining.

Grant was probably screaming at the lacquered fretboard on my ric 330.
I like the Greg stuff because he just plays and doesnt Yap on. I also appreciate his teddy bear mic stand. Nice bit of low tech.
Chappers and the Captain talk a bit too much, the the guy with dreads seems to talk over the other guy a lot. Then they have a pentatonic scale off with surprisingly out of tune guitars and high gain stuff that makes it hard to appreciate the gear they are comparing.
PGS is where its at for gear reviews for in terms of a nice balance of talk and playing.