Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Single coil
BANNED
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Fuzz or OD for shoegazey sound

Post by Single coil »

Bass big muff. You can do some funky shit with the dry out too - works really well if it's just you and an acoustic on stage. Minimal gain ensures a massive sound.

... and of course, doubles as a bass pedal.

Sauce: had 400,000 different various muffs - modded, boutique or otherwise. My second favourite is a recent NYC big muff with diodes 3 and 4 removed.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Shimmer
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Shimmer »

Thanks for that great advice! Although as someone that often puts batteries in the wrong way around I'll have to get someone else to do those "simple" mods if/when I get one ;)
TmcB wrote:
Shimmer wrote:
TmcB wrote:If you'd like, I can send you a Silverpistol Sirius Fuzz to have go on. I think it'll be right in your wheel house.
Thanks for the offer - your pedals look fantastic, but I'm currently down the low, low end pricewise.
I should have read the first 5 words of your post :lol:

I would recommend a Rat in your case - and I would recommend two simple mods.

One is the ruetz mod on a switch. The ruetz mod basically gives you more bass and lower gain, making it a great overdrive.
Two is a three way slipping switch, Silicon (stock)/off (boost) / leds (turbo rat). Stock setting gives you greasy fuzz past 12 on the dial, nothing gives you lots of volume and decent boost, and the LED's give you lots of crunch.

I think that for what you're after and your budget, it'll hit the sweet spot of low price + versatility.
I want all the pedals!

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Shimmer wrote:Thanks for that great advice! Although as someone that often puts batteries in the wrong way around I'll have to get someone else to do those "simple" mods if/when I get one ;)
TmcB wrote:
Shimmer wrote: Thanks for the offer - your pedals look fantastic, but I'm currently down the low, low end pricewise.
I should have read the first 5 words of your post :lol:

I would recommend a Rat in your case - and I would recommend two simple mods.

One is the ruetz mod on a switch. The ruetz mod basically gives you more bass and lower gain, making it a great overdrive.
Two is a three way slipping switch, Silicon (stock)/off (boost) / leds (turbo rat). Stock setting gives you greasy fuzz past 12 on the dial, nothing gives you lots of volume and decent boost, and the LED's give you lots of crunch.

I think that for what you're after and your budget, it'll hit the sweet spot of low price + versatility.
I'll sort you out if you go that way for a beersie :thumbup:
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Shimmer
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Shimmer »

Thanks for the offer Tim - I'll let you know what I end up going with. :)
I want all the pedals!

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

The Mooer and Eno rat clones are pretty killer and pretty cheap.