xCaptainx wrote:When using an expression pedal, how do I turn the wah on and off via switch on expression pedal?
I've figured out a bunch of stuff, but this still eludes me. I've currently had to assign wah on/off to FS3 to turn 'on' before I start using expression pedal to control it.
OK - assuming you have the Expression pedal connected to CTL IN/EXP1, and assuming that effects block "FX1" is your wah.
Firstly - ensure that the EXP pedal is set to be controlling your wah's sweep:
1) Press EDIT
2) Scroll to CTL and press ENTER
3) Scroll to EXP1 and press ENTER
4) Ensure it is set to WH/PB
Now you need to set an assign to make any movement of the EXP pedal switch FX1 (Wah) ON.
1) Turn FX1 block OFF (for the moment) and SAVE the patch (so that it defaults to OFF).
2) Press EDIT
3) Scroll to CTL and press ENTER
4) Scroll to Assign 1 and press ENTER
5) Turn the Assign Switch ON
6) Set SOURCE to EXP1
7) Set MODE to TOGGLE
Set CATEGORY to FX1
9) Set TARGET to ON/OFF
10) Set MIN to ON and MAX to ON.
You've now told it that it this patch, any movement of the SOURCE (Expression pedal) will tell the TARGET (FX1/Wah) to turn ON.
You can prove this has worked by:
1) Press EXIT twice
2) Scroll along the FX chain to FX1. (It should be OFF)
3) Manipulate the EXP pedal and watch FX1 block switch on.