Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

#745271
For guys who have this and an EXP pedal - any idea if you can set it so the motion of the wah turns it on? And maybe if you don't use it it turns it off?

Looks like from the manual there is something there like this but maybe not. I'm hoping to grab an EXP soon and test it for myself but I'm impatient as always.
#745311
sirvill wrote:One thing (mainly for Matt) - the in-built tuner doesn't track a low-B on bass, so i have to tune that with the 12th fret harmonic. Is that something a firmware update might be able to fix or are we stuck with it?


Sorry I've been late to this thread guys. Got a lot of things happening at the moment.

I'll pass on the the dev team the issue about the low B tuner. Thanks heaps for this feedback.
#745313
xCaptainx wrote:Hey Matt (hope you're reading this) is there any DL link for the PC app us nzg dudes could sneakily aquire? Assuming it's not still in beta.

Website said July for launch but I'd love to tinker around, perhaps even get an early start on third party walk through videos for social media channels etc.


Sorry bro. Strictly no beta release until it comes out in July.
#745316
handsoffmatt wrote:
sirvill wrote:One thing (mainly for Matt) - the in-built tuner doesn't track a low-B on bass, so i have to tune that with the 12th fret harmonic. Is that something a firmware update might be able to fix or are we stuck with it?


I'll pass on the the dev team the issue about the low B tuner. Thanks heaps for this feedback.



Legend, cheers! Harmonic workaround works fine in the meantime so its ok.


Also, shoutout to how intuitive it is to operate - over the very small learning curve now and its super fast to tweak up patches.
#745319
sirvill wrote:For guys who have this and an EXP pedal - any idea if you can set it so the motion of the wah turns it on? And maybe if you don't use it it turns it off?

Looks like from the manual there is something there like this but maybe not. I'm hoping to grab an EXP soon and test it for myself but I'm impatient as always.


You can definitely set it up for the EXP motion to turn the Wah on. No probs.

Auto turning off though is not possible.

This is the reason why I have still kept on external FX pedal on my MS-3 board. I still like the convenience of the toe switch to turn the wah on and off at will. (that's literally my entire FX rig now: Guitar > Wah > MS-3 > Amp (4CM) )
#745334
So, I'm a touch late to this thread too.

But thanks to great timing and a need from another forum member - I sold something and bought an MS-3.

as above.. bit of a learning curve - but once you're into it, it's flippen cool

How great does it sound stereo!

i almost want to get one of the boards I keep seeing in demo's with the tiered level for external pedals. :lol:


I'm using it atm with the MS-3 direct into a Neunabar Iconoclast which i'm currently demo-ing

NO AMP..

it's actually awesome.


Wishlist:
Editor sooner.
Carryover/spillover for delays and reverbs
re-orderable external loops.

And I'm not sure (haven't read yet) can this do parallel paths like the ES-8.. I know there's a dry level with most effects but it would be cool to have a parallel path so you can have an effect bypass another



Image
#745335
SimpleSi wrote:I'm using it atm with the MS-3 direct into a Neunabar Iconoclast which i'm currently demo-ing

Don't you need a pre-amp? There's no amp models (whatever Boss calls them - COSM) in the MS-3, right?!
#745376
Conway wrote:
SimpleSi wrote:I'm using it atm with the MS-3 direct into a Neunabar Iconoclast which i'm currently demo-ing

Don't you need a pre-amp? There's no amp models (whatever Boss calls them - COSM) in the MS-3, right?!

no preamp needed

sounds surprisingly good even with a guitar just plugged direct in.

it def. sounds like it has no amp.. but not in a bad way.

works well with the MS-3

it's nuts how it sounds like a clean amp in a box.
#745690
Alright got all my TS/TRS cables for my 4CM snake. Going to set it all up tonight and get a decent 'manual mode' patch going with channel switching for:

FS1 clean + delay/reverb,
FS2 Standard rhythm
FS3 'Post hardcore' delay for layers
FS4 Lead

Will have Expression pedal set to pitch shift and yeah, thats my live patch sorted.

That being said, very keen to do some more experimenting once I'm more comfortable.
#746582
Ok had more of a play today. Manged to figure out how to assign more than 2 controls to one Footswitch.

FS1 in manual mode does channel switching + delay, reverb and mod

FS2 is Delay + reverb.

Everything else TBC, will finalize once I have expression pedal cable here. FOr now though my next project is tidying up the four cable method via shrink wraps to complete the snake.

I'm sharing my delay/reverb settings between clean and lead, it's working for now but this is purely because I want to stay in manual mode for trails.

Still having a lot of fun with it. Looking forward to the PC editor.