Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY Bg
#789431
slash-ed wrote:
Scooter13 wrote:I also don't really understand the advantage of the pedalboard version aside from being able to charge the transmitter on stage...which, well if you have to do that you're using a cable for a while anyway. So really you have bulkier version of the transmitter and receiver but taking up pedalboard space? What am I missing?


WL-50 has longer range (20m vs 15m), as well as selectable cable tone (off, short lead, long lead). As Grant says as well, in the event of emergency, no need to pull apart your board, just plug straight in.

Haha I'm finding the form factor debate super interesting. For me, I'm like YAY NO BELT PACK but half of you guys be like HOW WILL THIS TINY BUG WITHSTAND MY ROCKSTAR STAGE ANTICS :lol: :lol: :lol:


Dude its not tiny when its sticking out of the edge of Les Paul is it.... or out the front of a guitar - straight out. Its vulnerable. Not too bad on a strat, even then it would get in the way - but anything else meh....
User avatar
BY slash-ed
#789439
Haha I've used it on my guitars for the past few weeks with little issue (all LP style location, except one awkward behind the body jack). I definitely see your point with things like Jazzmasters which just have a jack output right on the front face of the guitar. Swinging right hand + thing sticking out of body = disaster.

But in general, I've never had issues bumping the cable coming out my guitar so I don't see why this is really any different...

YMMV etc ;)
User avatar
BY Scooter13
#789440
slash-ed wrote:As Grant says as well, in the event of emergency, no need to pull apart your board, just plug straight in.

Why would you need to pull your board apart? Unplug the receiver and plug the cable in...
User avatar
BY slash-ed
#789441
Scooter13 wrote:
slash-ed wrote:As Grant says as well, in the event of emergency, no need to pull apart your board, just plug straight in.

Why would you need to pull your board apart? Unplug the receiver and plug the cable in...


I was referring to Grant's example of the G30, pedalboard mounted but if you're out of batteries you don't have an emergency input.
User avatar
BY Scooter13
#789443
slash-ed wrote:But in general, I've never had issues bumping the cable coming out my guitar so I don't see why this is really any different...

YMMV etc ;)

You're not rocking hard enough. Statue bro? :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
BY Bg
#789456
slash-ed wrote:Haha I've used it on my guitars for the past few weeks with little issue (all LP style location, except one awkward behind the body jack). I definitely see your point with things like Jazzmasters which just have a jack output right on the front face of the guitar. Swinging right hand + thing sticking out of body = disaster.

But in general, I've never had issues bumping the cable coming out my guitar so I don't see why this is really any different...

YMMV etc ;)


My mileage doesn't really count as I'm not gigging anyway, just sayin' it's like a pubescent boys cock sticking out when matron tucks him up in bed.... ;)
User avatar
BY Single coil
#789458
Bg wrote:just sayin' it's like a pubescent boys cock sticking out when matron tucks him up in bed.... ;)


10/10
User avatar
BY JHorner
#789461
Scooter13 wrote:
GrantB wrote:
Bg wrote:fuck me, could you make a bigger dongle for the guitar? I'd rather have something that clips onto me strap than that!

Saw that. Can’t you just use a short cable with a female end and put this unit in your pocket?

Yeah, but a cable with a female end isn't usually just lying around.



REEEPOSSST

Make any cable into a female ended cable!

Image
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#789462
Yeah there's no reason you couldn't use a short extension lead, i'd be a little worried about knocking one on my tele, but I'm sure they've actually real world tested this stuff so it's bound to be solid.
User avatar
BY Danger Mouse
#789476
jeremyb wrote:Yeah there's no reason you couldn't use a short extension lead, i'd be a little worried about knocking one on my tele, but I'm sure they've actually real world tested this stuff so it's bound to be solid.


Or there's a reason why they sell spares separately ... :lol:

As most of my guitars are jack on the outer edge types a flatter, right-angle plug variant would be better for me, but even for home use I'm clumsy enough to easily break one.
User avatar
BY Bg
#789482
Danger Mouse wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Yeah there's no reason you couldn't use a short extension lead, i'd be a little worried about knocking one on my tele, but I'm sure they've actually real world tested this stuff so it's bound to be solid.


Or there's a reason why they sell spares separately ... :lol:

As most of my guitars are jack on the outer edge types a flatter, right-angle plug variant would be better for me, but even for home use I'm clumsy enough to easily break one.


Thats exactly me. I'm hoping theres a metal core that goes right through it so no snap-offage! Which is probably the case. Even then I'd break the thing on the edge of a guitar.

It would only take one adrian smith stance, with the guitar on your thigh and its gone!

Image
"Sweet baby beegeebus, who farted?"
  • 1
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29