handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: New BOSS Products coming....

Post by handsoffmatt »

SimonHirst wrote:Hey Matt, while you're answering a few questions!
This might seem like a bit of an obvious one, but I was wondering if the effects are based off individual Boss stompboxes in terms of sound and tweakable parameters? Or are they a new take on them? Just curious.
They are based off the GT-class FX - which include versions of classic BOSS stomps. But that doesn't tell the whole story....

It's important to note that none of our FX designs remain static. We are constantly developing and tweaking our FX so even when they look similar in terms of user interface - that doesn't mean they are the same. They develop over time. That is to say, the GT-1's FX are a further development from GT-100. The MS-3 FX are a further development of GT-1 etc.

For those who say things like "I like BOSS mods/delays/reverbs, but I don't like their OD's". They should make sure they check this MS-3 out. There are some really REALLY great OD's in this thing.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage
Acoustic: Cole Clark/Godin/Takamine/Taylor
Amps: BOSS Katana Head / Friedman Smallbox

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by handsoffmatt »

xCaptainx wrote:hah thanks for the video matt! I like all things weeny and tiny, this is cool. Makes more sense for me to use the real deal instead of chinese tiny pedal copies haha.
Knowing your previous setups, I'll admit that you specifically crossed my mind once or twice during development of this thing :-)
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Electrics: ESP/Fender/Gibson/.strandberg*/Godin/Washburn/Music Man/Knaggs/Squier/Vintage

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

I would really like one of these, Boss are killing it since you took over Matt ;)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

handsoffmatt wrote:
xCaptainx wrote:hah thanks for the video matt! I like all things weeny and tiny, this is cool. Makes more sense for me to use the real deal instead of chinese tiny pedal copies haha.
Knowing your previous setups, I'll admit that you specifically crossed my mind once or twice during development of this thing :-)
Thank you for doing so! Totally ticks all the boxes for me. Was honestly going to buy a Mooer Red Truck to replace my mini set up soon but this looks far more functional.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Seem as it has stereo outputs, should not at least one of those loops be a stereo one?

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by handsoffmatt »

jeremyb wrote:I would really like one of these, Boss are killing it since you took over Matt ;)
Hahaha. I WISH I could take the credit.

Truth is, BOSS has been on an awesome vector for a little while now. ES-8/ES-5, DD-500, Waza Craft pedals, Katana etc.....these were all fantastic product that have come out over the last little while. BOSS has been a reborn company since Yoshi Ikegami re-took the helm as president. He's a smart and driven guy, and pointing BOSS in a great direction.

We've got a BUNCH of cool stuff upcoming over the next little while....
"Volume is tone" - EVH

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by handsoffmatt »

Aquila Rossa wrote:Seem as it has stereo outputs, should not at least one of those loops be a stereo one?
There are a thousand "what if's" for every product that comes out. Whenever we release something new, there's ALWAYS a barrage of "Why doesn't it do ABC, XYZ?????" etc...

Truth is, if you try to please ALL of the people, you end up with this....

To answer your question more directly. Since the MS-3 has a bunch of top-notch stereo FX, we reckon the number of people wanting to use stereo pedals in the loops will be quite limited. We envisage the loops to be commonly taken up with OD pedals, since we reckon they are the most personal effect.
Last edited by handsoffmatt on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

handsoffmatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by handsoffmatt »

xCaptainx wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:
Thank you for doing so! Totally ticks all the boxes for me. Was honestly going to buy a Mooer Red Truck to replace my mini set up soon but this looks far more functional.
Mooer Red Truck is kinda cool, but the MS-3 honestly makes it look like a toy.
"Volume is tone" - EVH

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

handsoffmatt wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:Seem as it has stereo outputs, should not at least one of those loops be a stereo one?
There are a thousand "what if's" for every product that comes out. Whenever we release something new, there's ALWAYS a barrage of "Why doesn't it do ABC, XYZ?????" etc...

Truth is, if you try to please ALL of the people, you end up with this....

To answer your question more directly. Since the MS-3 has a bunch of top-notch stereo FX, we reckon the number of people wanting to use stereo pedals in the loops will be quite limited. We envisage the loops to be commonly taken up with OD pedals, since we reckon they are the most personal effect.
I was thinking about if it could accommodate those who can not live without their Strymons, which are extremely popular. Perhaps the Strymon crowd will not be into this tho and pony up for a G2 type thing to handle switching. So, if it is on the list of "1000 what ifs", it must be pretty near the top of the list.
Last edited by Aquila Rossa on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

handsoffmatt wrote:We envisage the loops to be commonly taken up with OD pedals, since we reckon they are the most personal effect.
I think this is most likely the case. And if you have a stereo pedal - something like an Eventide H9 (speaking for myself) - you'd just run it after the MS-3.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

... or a Strymon.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Yeah I'd agree - the stereo fx will more than likely be time based fx and end of chain for most people at any rate

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Conway wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:We envisage the loops to be commonly taken up with OD pedals, since we reckon they are the most personal effect.
I think this is most likely the case. And if you have a stereo pedal - something like an Eventide H9 (speaking for myself) - you'd just run it after the MS-3.
True. But could it control the H9? I dunno yet.

I saw it and thought it was a loop switcher that could control all your pedal chains as patches like a mini kind of G2, but with bonus FX built in. It is more of a multi FX with a few mono loops for mono pedals..

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

The Strymon crowd will all own the 3 big box Strymon pedals and probably an ES-8 already. :wink:

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Aquila Rossa wrote:True. But could it control the H9? I dunno yet.
Yep, by midi. Doesn't have to be in a loop (this is how I run my H9 and ES-5).