Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Hollowpoint
willow13 wrote:
Hollowpoint wrote:Yeah I think that's is the RRP, a bunch of places seem to be selling it for less.

$699au is $734nz, so the real difference is only $66 .... really don't see that as a big deal at all. I can tell you that the RS guys will give you a bigger discount than $66 on an $800 purchase

Agreed about the difference in the RRP, but you can get em for $595 over there at the mo.
BY willow13
Hollowpoint wrote:

Agreed about the difference in the RRP, but you can get em for $595 over there at the mo.

convert that to NZ $$ and hit Dave up for a discount and I think you will find you are still only looking at around $70 difference with the added bonus of on shore warranty back up
BY handsoffmatt
Hollowpoint wrote:
willow13 wrote:How much is shipping from aussie ? And have you added GST ? And have you added other import charges?

I wasn't thinking of importing one, just annoyed at the price difference. I can't see any reason Australian prices should be more than 20% cheaper than here.

NZ price NZ$799 inc GST (15%)
= NZ$ 694 (ex GST)
Convert to AUD @ $0.95 = AUD$659 ex GST (

Australian GST is 10% so the ex-GST price for MS-3 here in Australia is $635.
That makes the NZ price a princely sum of $24 more expensive than AU. A whopping 3.7% increase (seems reasonable to me)

What neither Rockshop or Roland have control over is how much the AU retailers choose to discount products. It's freakin mental over here. The tight margins these stores are operating on in Australia is ridiculous.... hence why smaller stores are falling over on a monthly basis.

I applaud Rockshop for advertising at what is (I believe) a very reasonable price for a killer product.

Of course you can ask for a discount and I'm sure they will put a smile on your face..
BY jeremyb
So Matt, can we expect a helix killah on friday??? :mrgreen:
BY handsoffmatt
jeremyb wrote:So Matt, can we expect a helix killah on friday??? :mrgreen:

You can expect a SOMETHING killah! :mrgreen:
BY AiRdAd
handsoffmatt wrote:

I'm surprised that these things can be kept a secret - with Boss being such a big company, I expected details to be leaked etc
BY jeremyb
handsoffmatt wrote:

TEASE! :lol:
BY willow13
AiRdAd wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:

I'm surprised that these things can be kept a secret - with Boss being such a big company, I expected details to be leaked etc

obviously no russians work for Boss
BY Bg
This is a bigly WITCH HUNT, with NO leakers, SAD!
BY H671
Bg wrote:So, its Friday..... and.....

And is America's Cup racing tomorrow :thumbup: