Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY willow13
#744450
handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P


:rofl: ... I have to say Boss really have stepped up and grabbed the guitar world by the balls recently, which is great because for me Boss is the leader in the field of guitar pedals given when I started playing Boss was one of the few companies you could buy pedals from...glad to see they aren't being left behind (like nokia when it comes to phones) :thumbup:
User avatar
BY Bg
#744455
handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P


can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.
User avatar
BY willow13
#744457
Bg wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P


can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.


sounds like you need more floyds ..... again :rofl: :mrgreen:
User avatar
BY Aquila Rossa
#744458
willow13 wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P


:rofl: ... I have to say Boss really have stepped up and grabbed the guitar world by the balls recently, which is great because for me Boss is the leader in the field of guitar pedals given when I started playing Boss was one of the few companies you could buy pedals from...glad to see they aren't being left behind (like nokia when it comes to phones) :thumbup:


Innovate, but still do the classics. When I think Boss, the first thing that comes to mind is Chorus. They are the boss of chorus sounds imo (the benchmark to measure the others against).
User avatar
BY Bg
#744459
willow13 wrote:
Bg wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P


can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.


sounds like you need more floyds ..... again :rofl: :mrgreen:


nah I need whammy pedal, and this has one in it, but can't be controlled with a pedal! wtf?

The GA wossname has two expression pedal inputs, one can be used for volume and one for effect such as Wah - which is currently ONLY wah... hence my latest lookings for an M13 or M9 because they do great whammy (along with everything else) happy to use the amp, just as an amp - because currently its a bit crippled by this and the lack of midi controllability. :(
User avatar
BY handsoffmatt
#744461
Bg wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P


can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.


Noted and fed back to the dev team
User avatar
BY willow13
#744463
Aquila Rossa wrote:
Innovate, but still do the classics. When I think Boss, the first thing that comes to mind is Chorus. They are the boss of chorus sounds imo (the benchmark to measure the others against).


yeah the first thing I think of when it comes to boss is a flanger
User avatar
BY Bg
#744464
willow13 wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:
Innovate, but still do the classics. When I think Boss, the first thing that comes to mind is Chorus. They are the boss of chorus sounds imo (the benchmark to measure the others against).


yeah the first thing I think of when it comes to boss is a flanger


sigh, JB where are you.
User avatar
BY willow13
#744465
Bg wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:
Innovate, but still do the classics. When I think Boss, the first thing that comes to mind is Chorus. They are the boss of chorus sounds imo (the benchmark to measure the others against).


yeah the first thing I think of when it comes to boss is a flanger


sigh, JB where are you.


playing with his KOC :?: :wave:
User avatar
BY Bg
#744468
willow13 wrote:
Bg wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P


can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.


sounds like you need more floyds ..... again :rofl: :mrgreen:


I'm actually floydless at the moment. To be fair, two strats have the wilkinson wave trem on, when set to float its actually awesome, flutter and everything. But I need floyd, its making me cross, I'm thinking of routing the psychocaster for a floyd, I even have two here needing a home... argh.
User avatar
BY handsoffmatt
#744471
Aquila Rossa wrote:When I think Boss, the first thing that comes to mind is Chorus. They are the boss of chorus sounds imo (the benchmark to measure the others against).


I'd hope so...considering we invented the damn thing! :lol:
User avatar
BY Bg
#744474
handsoffmatt wrote:
Bg wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:I already know what they are.... :lol: :P


can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.


Noted and fed back to the dev team


No offense bro, but do you have that much sway with them? Seeming as its a common concern that has not been addressed yet? The midi functions are less than pathetic, I accept it as a great amp, but not as anything controllable :( Stupidly I went for midi on the head as I thought it would have much more control. Sad face :(
User avatar
BY willow13
#744477
Bg wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Bg wrote:
can you ask them to sort out the whole expression pedal thing on the katana - 'You can control an effect such as Wah' nonsense, it currently only does wah. Whats the point of a whammy pedal fx if you can't control it? Its really holding me back from spending more on a controller. I don't usually jump on the firmware updates bandwagon, but this is a glaring issue.


sounds like you need more floyds ..... again :rofl: :mrgreen:


I'm actually floydless at the moment. To be fair, two strats have the wilkinson wave trem on, when set to float its actually awesome, flutter and everything. But I need floyd, its making me cross, I'm thinking of routing the psychocaster for a floyd, I even have two here needing a home... argh.


your old tele is in a state of uncompleteness at the moment?? :mrgreen:
User avatar
BY Bg
#744481
I think the tele/floyd thing is more a novely, hence me shifting it ;) Classic floyd rose strat was the best strat I owned. Ever.
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#744483
Yeah agree about the expression pedal, should be assignable to any parameter like most modern effects units :)
  • 1
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 22