Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY jeremyb
#765323
godgrinder wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:The V-BDN guitar is VERY limited (80pc worldwide) and quite pricey. AU price is probably gonna be around the AU$6500-$6999 mark. There are only TINY numbers coming to AU/NZ.


Were the guitars made in the Sweden custom shop or one of their OEM places?


Japan OEM factory I think?
User avatar
BY handsoffmatt
#765450
jeremyb wrote:
godgrinder wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:The V-BDN guitar is VERY limited (80pc worldwide) and quite pricey. AU price is probably gonna be around the AU$6500-$6999 mark. There are only TINY numbers coming to AU/NZ.


Were the guitars made in the Sweden custom shop or one of their OEM places?


Japan OEM factory I think?


Indeed it is from Japan OEM. It's a modified Boden J model.

The quality of the build is (as one may expect) quite exceptional.
User avatar
BY willow13
#770029
katana AIR https://www.boss.info/au/products/katan ... fications/

seems a bit of a let down having to use AA batteries. I know built in batteries cost a lot more to add to a product but seems like a no brainer for a guitar amp. I like the idea of a built in wireless unit.

looks like the tone studio for it has android and iOS compat .... hopefully that comes to the whole katana range shortly
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#770030
willow13 wrote:katana AIR https://www.boss.info/au/products/katan ... fications/

seems a bit of a let down having to use AA batteries. I know built in batteries cost a lot more to add to a product but seems like a no brainer for a guitar amp. I like the idea of a built in wireless unit.

looks like the tone studio for it has android and iOS compat .... hopefully that comes to the whole katana range shortly


Yeah, that lack of a rechargeable battery thing is a bit lame, especially at $399 US RRP!!!!

BY xCaptainx
#770033
That's a really cool looking amp!

From what I would assume, the primary use for this would be for home. I would assume that a built in lithium battery would simply not be used 90% of the time. Costs would be kept down by allowing users to use their own batteries and not have to build/develop.

Given that this would probably be plugged into a power supply 90% of the time, I can totally see why they made that choice.

At least the transmitter has a built in battery solution.

Anywho, looks very cool. Still loving my MS-3!
User avatar
BY SimpleSi
#770048
no recharge is a bit stink. - but what a cool unit
User avatar
BY SimpleSi
#770049
xCaptainx wrote:I'd dare say that this inclusion of this transmitter would be confirmation of just that. A stand alone version coming in 3 .....2.....1....

looks exactly the same as a L6 G10 unit :P

has the same "silent" removal tab too. little metal button that pops out.
User avatar
BY sty
#770063
I'm suspecting that the Katana "Core" is so rock solid they can now keep integrating it into different packages for different markets/user cases.

I can see this shifting lots of units in a country where the price is a little more disposable (like the US, EU, etc.) for a practice amp.

I'm impressed, looks great, and who amongst us bedroom warriors has been looking for an excuse to buy some sort of wireless system ;)
User avatar
BY AiRdAd
#770065
Matt, perhaps boss could buy out Gibson, and get them on the right track! :-)
User avatar
BY handsoffmatt
#770067
AiRdAd wrote:Matt, perhaps boss could buy out Gibson, and get them on the right track! :-)


:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
BY willow13
#770077
Actually potentially I stand corrected..the 8x AA batteries are rechargeable...now hopefully when you plug the AC power in it recharges the batteries at the same time...that is a massive win if it does
User avatar
BY SimpleSi
#770144
willow13 wrote:no .. apparently you have to take them out and charge them

Bwah bwah
  • 1
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24