Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY KentNZ
#756592
Conway wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:NPD!!!! My new acoustic board

ImageUntitled by Matt Walsham, on Flickr

So this is how to get the "brown" sound!


Nice pedalboard :)

You do have to get good at removing plates from pedals, eventually, though. Tough work! :)

And really intrigued at the collaborations Boss has been making lately. Including the JHS one. I should go looking for reviews...
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#756601
KentNZ wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Plus apparently he donates money to some world church of hate against LGBTQ peoples :(


https://www.jhspedals.com/jhs-supports-human-rights/


Thanks Matt. There's a lot of rumours out there about JHS, pretty nasty most of it, and I imagine 99% of it is false.


I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:
User avatar
BY Molly
#756625
jeremyb wrote:
KentNZ wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:
https://www.jhspedals.com/jhs-supports-human-rights/


Thanks Matt. There's a lot of rumours out there about JHS, pretty nasty most of it, and I imagine 99% of it is false.


I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:


Didn't know that this isn't the company John Hornby Skews that distributed music gear in the UK including a line of pedals. How confusing.

Visited the JHS place in Leeds more than once to get Charvel / Jackson gear. We were treated like rock stars.
User avatar
BY Bg
#756628
They're responsible for 'vintage' guitars too :).
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#756630
jeremyb wrote:
KentNZ wrote:
handsoffmatt wrote:
https://www.jhspedals.com/jhs-supports-human-rights/


Thanks Matt. There's a lot of rumours out there about JHS, pretty nasty most of it, and I imagine 99% of it is false.


I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:


Well he was playing (leading?) the worship gig at that crazy ass church, in 2012-13 as he says in his statement, so you can understand where people would have been upset at the time. Sounds like he is fully distanced from them now though.
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#756633
HackSaw wrote:I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:


Well he was playing (leading?) the worship gig at that crazy ass church, in 2012-13 as he says in his statement, so you can understand where people would have been upset at the time. Sounds like he is fully distanced from them now though.[/quote]

Why would you even be associated with such a thing unless you believed in what they stood for? Stinks to me...
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#756635
Yeah, bit disingenuous to say, I just attended and volunteered, that's all. But, I'm sure we've all done dumb shit in the past. If he's moved on and disassociated himself then respect I guess.
User avatar
BY willow13
#756639
jeremyb wrote:
Why would you even be associated with such a thing unless you believed in what they stood for? Stinks to me...


never heard of evolving/growing up JB? ... you might even experience it yourself one day :rofl: .. :moresarc:
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#756642
willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Why would you even be associated with such a thing unless you believed in what they stood for? Stinks to me...


never heard of evolving/growing up JB? ... you might even experience it yourself one day :rofl: .. :moresarc:


I'm not a great believer in leopards changing their spots ;)
User avatar
BY Molly
#756668
jeremyb wrote:
HackSaw wrote:I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:


Well he was playing (leading?) the worship gig at that crazy ass church, in 2012-13 as he says in his statement, so you can understand where people would have been upset at the time. Sounds like he is fully distanced from them now though.


Why would you even be associated with such a thing unless you believed in what they stood for? Stinks to me...[/quote]

I guess people can change. Invar Kamprad, founder of IKEA, was once a member of the Hitler Youth but folk still flock to buy his funky chairs - he's long-since distanced himself from that sort of ideology. I guess people can be persuaded to buy into all sorts of crap (hence the congregation at every church everywhere ever). Just sayin'.... Probably just offended 90% of the forum :oops:
User avatar
BY Olderama
#756673
Molly wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
HackSaw wrote:I'm sure it's just people making it up because they have nothing better to do :crazy:


Well he was playing (leading?) the worship gig at that crazy ass church, in 2012-13 as he says in his statement, so you can understand where people would have been upset at the time. Sounds like he is fully distanced from them now though.


Why would you even be associated with such a thing unless you believed in what they stood for? Stinks to me...


I guess people can change. Invar Kamprad, founder of IKEA, was once a member of the Hitler Youth but folk still flock to buy his funky chairs - he's long-since distanced himself from that sort of ideology. I guess people can be persuaded to buy into all sorts of crap (hence the congregation at every church everywhere ever). Just sayin'.... Probably just offended 90% of the forum :oops:[/quote]
Well I'm offended you brought up religion :rofl:
Oh yep I'm the 10 percenter
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#756681
Let's retract our comments even though I love 'em. And focus on the new BOSS products!

Matt - how much are those fancy Strandberg whatsits in Kiwi terms? Enough to bankrupt Conway if the blue one tickles his fancy? Or can normal folk afford them?
  • 1
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 25