Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY AiRdAd
#740003
Slowy, the easiest way to determine whats going on... is get her to try and replicate the sound on your gear, and you try to replicate it on her gear!

If shes says it 'me' not 'you' that is the problem, you know she's going to kick you out of the band! :-)
User avatar
BY Slowy
#740005
philly wrote:whats a "worship guitarist?"

One word description of someone with exactly the pedalboard you might imagine, who once or twice every week plays a high production value gig to 1000+ people and as a result, has great chops and is match fit.

Cool bandmate to have.
User avatar
BY bender
#740006
If you like your delay sounds, but find the audio tapping on the Flashback too tricky, I can highly recommend the Flashback or Alter Ego X4. I bought one recently and love the shit out of it. 3 presets too!
BY null_pointer
#740008
bender wrote:If you like your delay sounds, but find the audio tapping on the Flashback too tricky, I can highly recommend the Flashback or Alter Ego X4. I bought one recently and love the shit out of it. 3 presets too!


+1 on the X4. I bought the FB X4 on release day, and if it weren't for the physical size I'd probably still have it - great sounding, easy to use and I found the looper probably the easiest of the ones I'd tried to that point bundled with a delay.
User avatar
BY Slowy
#740009
null_pointer wrote: When you're playing in a band like Slowy is doing a bunch of songs from a variety of sources, not just one bands material tap tempo is a major plus.


This is the point. I often have to drop it into the drummer's timing. Also, with my other Band, we do Run Like Hell. I still haven't managed to nail it every time and cocking up a delay line is the most visible of mistakes. Stressful!
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#740020
sizzlingbadger wrote:I thought the Flashback had a tap tempo via audio input from your guitar.


Not much use once everyone else is playing tho', sometimes one needs to adjust tempo on the fly, drummers or bass players drifting etc... :lol:
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#740021
Slowy wrote:
philly wrote:whats a "worship guitarist?"

One word description of someone with exactly the pedalboard you might imagine, who once or twice every week plays a high production value gig to 1000+ people and as a result, has great chops and is match fit.

Cool bandmate to have.


But you forgot to add that they play the most banal music imaginable on the nicest gear imaginable!
User avatar
BY Slowy
#740032
jeremyb wrote:
Slowy wrote:
philly wrote:whats a "worship guitarist?"

One word description of someone with exactly the pedalboard you might imagine, who once or twice every week plays a high production value gig to 1000+ people and as a result, has great chops and is match fit.

Cool bandmate to have.


But you forgot to add that they play the most banal music imaginable on the nicest gear imaginable!

Not with us, she don't.
Thought yeah, very nice gear.
User avatar
BY philly
#740240
just googled the whole worship thing...
of course it's only right that they have all the best gear.. they are doing the lords work after all.

oh... and they don't pay any fuckin' tax.
BY null_pointer
#740244
philly wrote:just googled the whole worship thing...
of course it's only right that they have all the best gear.. they are doing the lords work after all.

oh... and they don't pay any fuckin' tax.


Sorry, couldn't let that pass. Why the hell should a guitarist playing for free at a church pay tax for the nice gear they purchased themselves via whatever job they have (where they already paid tax)?? I don't know what your understanding of 'worship guitarist' is, but they're just people playing at a church, not 'player funded via ill-gotten gains'.
All this comment does is illuminate your own attitude towards churches. Don't take it out on the guitarist.
User avatar
BY philly
#740251
null_pointer wrote:
All this comment does is illuminate your own attitude towards churches.


yes.
User avatar
BY Slowy
#740259
null_pointer wrote:Sorry, couldn't let that pass. Why the hell should a guitarist playing for free at a church pay tax for the nice gear they purchased themselves via whatever job they have (where they already paid tax)?? I don't know what your understanding of 'worship guitarist' is, but they're just people playing at a church, not 'player funded via ill-gotten gains'.
All this comment does is illuminate your own attitude towards churches. Don't take it out on the guitarist.


Um... think we agree here but I'm not entirely sure .... I have no relationship with the christian god; we parted ways decades ago. However I have no problem with whatever path Folks choose to walk.
I've already paid tax on every bit of gear I own and I pay tax on everything it earns; just the way it is, soooo..... what exactly are you saying?
User avatar
BY Slowy
#740260
sizzlingbadger wrote:The devil doesn't pay tax either apparently :twisted:

But apparently, he has all the good music.
BY null_pointer
#740263
Slowy wrote:
null_pointer wrote:Sorry, couldn't let that pass. Why the hell should a guitarist playing for free at a church pay tax for the nice gear they purchased themselves via whatever job they have (where they already paid tax)?? I don't know what your understanding of 'worship guitarist' is, but they're just people playing at a church, not 'player funded via ill-gotten gains'.
All this comment does is illuminate your own attitude towards churches. Don't take it out on the guitarist.


Um... think we agree here but I'm not entirely sure .... I have no relationship with the christian god; we parted ways decades ago. However I have no problem with whatever path Folks choose to walk.
I've already paid tax on every bit of gear I own and I pay tax on everything it earns; just the way it is, soooo..... what exactly are you saying?


I was referring to Phillys comment which implied your guitarist (being a worship guitarist) got her gear tax free because she plays at church. Play the ball, not the man in other words. She got stung as hard as any of us for her purchases, there wasn't some sort of exemption applied due to it's destined use.