Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Re: GAS tank empty...?

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:Now I've hit on a combination I'm genuinely happy with I'm looking at the peripheral gear and wondering what to do with it. I'll buy another Two Rock if one turns up and I'd love an early LP Custom reissue with P90s, but that aside my GAS lamp is is just about completely out.
Nocaster.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:Now I've hit on a combination I'm genuinely happy with I'm looking at the peripheral gear and wondering what to do with it. I'll buy another Two Rock if one turns up and I'd love an early LP Custom reissue with P90s, but that aside my GAS lamp is is just about completely out.
Nocaster.
Wouldn't mind a set of Nocaster pickups for my AllParts Tele. That and a refin for it.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

My GAS tank will never be empty, that's just my nature.

But...

Home sick today and I had a blast on my rig, just guitar into the Line 6. I could honestly probably just by the FBV shortboard for this and never need another pedal, or amp. It is an odd beast though - it has days like today where it just sounded bloody good through all the settings I threw at it. Other days, I get weird volume issues, and this is what's making me think about another amp - that and this odd desire I have for simplicity, which doesn't gel with my equivalent desire for flexibility. I also want to (and have been) build up a pedal board again, which feels harder to justify to myself when the amp's on-board effects are perfectly serviceable. But if I'm being honest, I probably have all the gear I really need.

Now guitars on the other hand, that's a different story. I have mad GAS for a Gibson V, and an ESP Eclipse or a nice Les Paul. I'd quite like some sort of hollow and a really nice acoustic too. For a while I really wanted a strat, but I had one for a while and realised I was kind of over it. A good SG though, keen on one of those too. And one of those Mastodon dude's Explorers. But other than that, I'm good. Fortunately the Charvel is versatile, kicks ass, and is totally me, so the GAS monster isn't killing me like it used to.

TL;DR version: no, I still have GAS.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Would an eq pedal help?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

was genuinely happy to read this Molly. Huge congrats on the two awesome gold tops.

.... I'm just off to sell my shares in Mainfreight

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 274 times

Post by calling card »

Wouldn't mind a new chair to fall asleep and miss my practice time in :wink:
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

My tank is empty purely as I don't and can't get the funds together to fill the fucking tank up
No one is buying/selling as much it seems to be rather stagnant at the mo

Perhaps need flybuys to jump on board :)
:mental:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Olderama wrote:it seems to be rather stagnant at the mo
True. Nothing interesting on TM even if I did have GAS.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Molly wrote:
I think that's the trigger for me - the every-other-day TM browse. Something usually ends up on my watchlist, or nabbed if it's a good deal. Sometimes I've just purchased stuff I wasn't really that interested in simply because they were a bargain.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

The Scarecrow wrote:
Molly wrote:
I think that's the trigger for me - the every-other-day TM browse. Something usually ends up on my watchlist, or nabbed if it's a good deal. Sometimes I've just purchased stuff I wasn't really that interested in simply because they were a bargain.
I sometimes try to just sit on any spare money and wait for a fire sale bargain, but i am not patient enough. Any really good bargains usually get pounced on and then flipped for a profit by one or two usual suspects.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Aah musical speculation :)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

AiRdAd wrote:Would an eq pedal help?
Not sure. There's meant to be a known master volume issue on these amps, and in fact I've seen one of the combos on TM or FB for sale just this week where the guy is having the same thing. I'm also not sure about the history of the tubes, and whether there could be an issue there. It doesn't happen all the time either. I had it at a real sweet spot yesterday, with the master slightly higher and the channel volume and drive slightly lower. I'm picking it's something around the pots though - the presence control is right next to the master volume, and at one point changing the presence caused some crackling/popping/volume jump/drop issues.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster