Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1358 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Re: Digitech FreqOut

Post by GrantB »

But the separate wall wart is just silly....means I can't run it on my main board, which was entirely the idea. Bugger.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

If you have a decent isolated supply it should have a high current output you could use for it, or get a current doubler cable and run it off two isolated outputs :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Might need another juice box
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

LucyTheSpud
Squier
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by LucyTheSpud »

It still worked, just had more floor noise than i like. I was using cheap wall warts and a cheap daisy chain, and the power in the shop is nasty. All adds up to noise. Isolating it helped, thats all. A decent power supply or daisy chain will fix it.

Jim.h
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jim.h »

So..... anyone keen to pass their one on yet? :)

Might order one in a week or so. thought i would try here first!

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Arrived - aaaand it's kids hockey night so I'll have to wait.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2480 times

Post by Slowy »

Had a moment of buyers remorse and nearly ditched mine. Thanks Jim for allowing me to come to my senses. Used it at band practice last night......
It's going on the board...like permanently. 8)

Anybody got suggestions for a power supply? I have a spare Fuel Tank Junior but it only has 120ma outputs.
:think: I suppose I could add it to my board and take one of the 400ma outs from the Hot Stone which is currently powering 3 pedals...
Do not want to deal with wall warts if at all possible.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote:Had a moment of buyers remorse and nearly ditched mine. Thanks Jim for allowing me to come to my senses. Used it at band practice last night......
It's going on the board...like permanently. 8)

Anybody got suggestions for a power supply? I have a spare Fuel Tank Junior but it only has 120ma outputs.
:think: I suppose I could add it to my board and take one of the 400ma outs from the Hot Stone which is currently powering 3 pedals...
Do not want to deal with wall warts if at all possible.
Junior has isolated outputs so you could use a current doubler cable (or any daisy chain cable for that matter) to run it off two outputs, surely that would be sufficient?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
Slowy wrote: Fuel Tank Junior only has 120ma outputs.
Junior has isolated outputs so you could use a current doubler cable (or any daisy chain cable for that matter) to run it off two outputs, surely that would be sufficient?
Freqout needs 300. I see a problem.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Car battery, shit load of amps - connect with no.8 and you'll be sweet!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

no wall wart involved... just sayin'...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Grab a 4 way daisy chain cable and run it off 3 outlets then :thumbup: yes I know thats a waste with only 5 outlets on the junior, but...

LucyTheSpud
Squier
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by LucyTheSpud »

Iv got mine on the PT1250s isolated output. Yet to switch the board on since... will report back soon

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
Slowy wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Grab a 4 way daisy chain cable and run it off 3 outlets then :thumbup: yes I know thats a waste with only 5 outlets on the junior, but...
Tweaked my board and freed up a 400ma from the Hot Stone. Figure if the board gets any bigger, I can add the Fuel Tank.
Freqout sounds fine running off the pedalboard's power supply.