hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Re: Kemper got competition . . . .

Post by hamo »

Molly wrote:I wonder if they looked at why people who don't buy Kempers don't buy Kempers. Guitarists are such traditionalists I suppose they want something that they recognise as an amp. That said, since when did anybody really want more than a handful of tones? Even if you could have every amp under the sun, would you use them?
Depends. Bedroom warriors like myself who just want to learn the songs they love also want to at least approximate the tone of the original. If you like a wide variety of stuff, then ergo you will want a wide variety of tones.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1208 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I really like the look of that but my AC15 will do me for now.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

Personally can't stand positive grid, the setup and use are awesome, but it sounds cheap and obviously fake from the presets I've tried.

I think the nicest fake amps I've used came from the kemper, then the Axe Ties with the helix for me
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

hamo wrote:
Molly wrote:I wonder if they looked at why people who don't buy Kempers don't buy Kempers. Guitarists are such traditionalists I suppose they want something that they recognise as an amp. That said, since when did anybody really want more than a handful of tones? Even if you could have every amp under the sun, would you use them?
Depends. Bedroom warriors like myself who just want to learn the songs they love also want to at least approximate the tone of the original. If you like a wide variety of stuff, then ergo you will want a wide variety of tones.
And the Kempers and Axe-a-phones of this world aren't priced for most bedroom warriors.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

HD500.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

bbrunskill wrote:http://www.positivegrid.com/bias-head/

Looks interesting.
Not even gonna bother trying this thing after what it cost me to try out the very disappointing Helix.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

Given the amount of high end gear you have mate im surprised you didnt just get one on appro for a few days,im sure the RS would have sorted you there.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote:
hamo wrote:
And the Kempers and Axe-a-phones of this world aren't priced for most bedroom warriors.
Seems to me there are two areas where profiling/modelling amps excel:
The working/touring muso who can sample his favourite gear and leave it safely at home.
Studio engineers for whom they must be the most amazing rainbow palette ever seen.

I'm constantly reminded how little I fuss about my gear when playing live, compared to the times I'm just noodling at home. You can't worry about how exactly TS808 your tone is just after launching into your solo. :lol:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

xCaptainx
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by xCaptainx »

Well, I've pre-ordered. ETA June. I'll let you all know once it arrives.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

xCaptainx wrote:Well, I've pre-ordered. ETA June. I'll let you all know once it arrives.
Well done, that man. :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Dumb ass question. How does this differ from the ipad version sound wise? Can I hook up my ipad to a power amp and have the same thing?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

shafter
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by shafter »

Not sure about the difference sound wise.. but i hook my ipad up (with bias fx) to a power amp all the time sounds pretty good to me.
you will need an interface though i use an irig 2.
Stress... when you wake up screaming and realise you haven't been asleep yet!!

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Post by godgrinder »

AiRdAd wrote:Dumb ass question. How does this differ from the ipad version sound wise? Can I hook up my ipad to a power amp and have the same thing?
Probably not much sound differences. A dedicated hardware would have less lag though, so it would probably be more of a "feel" thing.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio