Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: NWTFOMGLOLJBPD HD500X Thread

Post by bender »

shafter wrote:Fair enough it would far better working towards a fractal unit, and I really had no problems with my HD500x
They are pretty cool, and your right about a floorboard they can be expensive.
I will defend the Eleven Rack though, I get some amazing tones from it (if you work at it)
but I will admit they are limited in content and support. Just my thoughts ?
Yeah, I really like my 11R- my comments were really just talking about the FX chaining side of it.

shafter
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by shafter »

bender wrote:
shafter wrote:Fair enough it would far better working towards a fractal unit, and I really had no problems with my HD500x
I will defend the Eleven Rack though, I get some amazing tones from it (if you work at it)
Yeah, I really like my 11R- my comments were really just talking about the FX chaining side of it.

Actually if I think about it i guess the fx chain isn't that great, i often chuck a pedal in the loop to add something interesting
pity we will never see an 11rack mk2, or will we? Helix... :wink:
Stress... when you wake up screaming and realise you haven't been asleep yet!!

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

shafter wrote:
bender wrote:

Actually if I think about it i guess the fx chain isn't that great, i often chuck a pedal in the loop to add something interesting
pity we will never see an 11rack mk2, or will we? Helix... :wink:
You never know. I think it's been quite successful for Avid. They're catering to a very different userbase than AxeFX, Kemper etc. I really hope they do update it some time soon.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Well... finally have a dirt sound that sits well in the mix and sounds great too, thanks to this man!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ9v7SCCt_c[/youtube]

I'm using a slightly modified version of his JCM800 patch that he makes in this video, and you can download on his site: www.peterhanmer.co.za

Also used his Hiwatt patch for my clean clean tone, VERY pleased!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

New Bag Day!!

Been excitedly waiting on this to arrive, picked it up yesterday, works brilliantly for moving an awkward thing like a powered speaker around and the side pocket for cables etc is a godsend!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

How are you finding the L2 in the band context? Plenty loud enough w/ good (relative) low end?

So much GAS. Esp for the bag haha.
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

stuu wrote:How are you finding the L2 in the band context? Plenty loud enough w/ good (relative) low end?

So much GAS. Esp for the bag haha.
:lol: it's like women and handbags :mrgreen:

It's definitely loud enough for my band in our practice room (L2T master on 12, hd master on 12), competing against loud drummer and a 20W tube amp into 2x12, bass player into PA.

Am yet to see how it compares on a big stage, will find out tuesday night :) NB: I couldn't really hear my 20W tube head into 1 x 12 on said stage so it will be interesting!

The biggest problem I had with this setup was I wasn't cutting thru and it seemed like it lacked volume compared to said tube amp, everything was muddy... but now with some patch tweaking it's easily keeping up and with HEAPS in reserve, definitely an art to EQ'ing in a FRFR situation, my old tube amp and 1x12 just sounded great out of the box so this was a disappointment initially. Now I'm super stoked with the decision!

It has plenty of low end but I've used a low cut on the patches to let it sit better, but you can get some serious bass out of it! I've heard of people using L3's for bass, with that extra speaker dedicated to low frequencies it would be pretty hard to beat for a portable bass rig.

If I was in a band running 4x12's you'd need the L3 to compete, and with the bag it would make the bigger unit far less difficult to lug about, but I still wouldn't want to be lifting one up and down the flight of rickety stairs to our loft practice room :lol:

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

You're such an L6 fanboi now JahBei

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Eruera wrote:You're such an L6 fanboi now JahBei
Time to apply for my endorsement deal :lol:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Really happy with the sounds I'm getting from this now, first gig with it tomorrow night, and of course it's with an international act :lol: no pressure.....

bluesierra
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by bluesierra »

Pressure makes diamonds JB.......and other assorted cliches.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

bluesierra wrote:Pressure makes diamonds JB.......and other assorted cliches.
:thumbup: yeah we had a terrible practice tonight, usually a good sign we'll do well tomorrow night, I hope.... :rofl:

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

You must need a guitar tech tomorrow night Jb???
Ummm....

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sopachrga wrote:You must need a guitar tech tomorrow night Jb???
I'll teach you the songs tomorrow and you can play offstage so I can just jump about pretending :lol:

danmunners
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by danmunners »

jeremyb wrote:Really happy with the sounds I'm getting from this now, first gig with it tomorrow night, and of course it's with an international act :lol: no pressure.....
That's awesome man. Break a leg. Not the pedal pressing one.