Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Re: I've been hooked on pedals and amps

Post by Slowy »

danmunners wrote:The worst part is that I've now realised that to get the tone I want, I need an amp. A tube amp. It's most likely expensive. And heavy. To top it all off, I need two of them so I can have my reverbs and delays in stereo. :crybaby:

I need to go back in time and punch past me in the face when he goes to buy that electric guitar.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You absolutely belong here; welcome!
I think there's 2 personality types that get this disease; firstly there's the Weka. Anything new and shiny must be collected immediately and immediately replaced when something newer and shinier is available. I love these people; there's no hope for them but they provide a valuable service by depreciating the gear we want to buy a year after the release date. :rofl:

Then there's the tone seekers; looking for the sound in their head. I have proved this can be a finite process. There are many shiny things I would like but nothing I need. I hear what I've always wanted to hear. It's a simple little rig; 3 guitars, 8 pedals on the board, stereo consisting of 2 valve amps; one combo and one head and choice of 2 cabs...........nothing excessive :roll:

Oh and to get there only took 12 guitars, 7 amps, around 50 pedals and 15 years. Easy!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

danmunners wrote: Half of the fun of finally discovering my Martin was all the guitars before it.
MMMMMMMM Martin! Whatcha got?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

danmunners
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by danmunners »

Slowy wrote: MMMMMMMM Martin! Whatcha got?
https://www.martinguitar.com/model/item ... c-15e.html I always thought I needed a spruce top dreadnought but it turned out the sound I was looking for was a mahogany orchestra model. I love the sound acoustic and through the PA.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

danmunners wrote:
https://www.martinguitar.com/model/item ... c-15e.html I always thought I needed a spruce top dreadnought but it turned out the sound I was looking for was a mahogany orchestra model. I love the sound acoustic and through the PA.
Snap! I love mine.

danmunners
Ashton
Ashton

Post by danmunners »

bender wrote: Snap! I love mine.
Me too! Apparently so does Chris:

I don't know how I feel about that.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

I goes a little against the grain to most on here in that I have only really had a few amps and pretty much 8 pedals all up in 25yrs of playing. Even with my wet/dry rig my rack is only adding a bit of reverb, a little delay, chorus and maybe flange to the wet cabs so the main amp sound is un-effected . Only pedal I am running is a phaser.

Best way to avoid rabbit holes is to shoot the rabbit before it breeds :wink: :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

danmunners
Ashton
Ashton

Post by danmunners »

willow13 wrote:Best way to avoid rabbit holes is to shoot the rabbit before it breeds :wink: :rofl:
I struggle bringing myself to end ants and cockroaches, let alone rabbits. I'm like the Schindler of daddy-long-legs.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

danmunners wrote:
willow13 wrote:Best way to avoid rabbit holes is to shoot the rabbit before it breeds :wink: :rofl:
I struggle bringing myself to end ants and cockroaches, let alone rabbits. I'm like the Schindler of daddy-long-legs.
Sigh. I'll put the guns away then.

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bobiron »

danmunners wrote:
Please wait in that room over there please the doctor will be along shortly :lol: . Welcome to the forum, you will fit in just fine.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Nice to have you on here, welcome to the guitarists 'drug den'. BTW, it's a slippery slope you have started on and chances of recovery are slim at best.

shafter
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by shafter »

I feel your pain im exactly at that point now, built first pedal board, still not happy and want better gear
I guess I really do have G.A.S
Stress... when you wake up screaming and realise you haven't been asleep yet!!

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

bender wrote:
danmunners wrote:
Snap! I love mine.
Mine's a Gibson. But ditto. Love all hog acoustics.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

My 'hog is a 0017. She is showing her age a bit these days (62), but still has a few good years left--I hope.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

oh wow. That's very cool. Mine is a '62 as well, probably worth a fraction of yours though.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Mine is 62 years old, not made in 1962. She must have been through a lot, given the state she's in. Still sounds great though.