Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

Strymon Timeline users, advise me on saving presets with bpm

Post by Reg18 »

So I'm playing at a conference over the next week and every song is on click with an exact bpm. I started saving presets for each song and assumed it would remember the bpm I saved too......it doesn't! How do I save a preset with the bpm? I've read the manual again but can't find any direct info on this.

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Strymon Timeline users, advise me on saving presets with bpm

Post by Eruera »

It should remember the delay time of a preset if you convert the BPM into that. Alternatively the Timeline can sync to external MIDI clock if that's available from whatever's providing the click.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

There's a setting within each patch to remember the global tap or a preset-basis tap, you have to dial in the BPM, go into the settings and change it to preset tap not global and save
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Druz is right - there's a "Global Tap" option that keeps the same manually tapped BPM/MS count regardless of which preset it's on. Disable that and each preset can be assigned its own delay time.

Actually I think you can assign that on a pre-preset basis? I always just have it set to individually saved delay times, then I can alter them if I want with tapping.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Druz is right - there's a "Global Tap" option that keeps the same manually tapped BPM/MS count regardless of which preset it's on. Disable that and each preset can be assigned its own delay time.

Actually I think you can assign that on a pre-preset basis? I always just have it set to individually saved delay times, then I can alter them if I want with tapping.
Yeah there's a global setting but also on a preset basis. So basically you go into the preset parameters and there's one called like global/preset bpm. Make sure it's set to preset bpm, then dial in the tempo. Otherwise everytime you use the tap tempo it changes the tap for every preset (which sometimes you want I guess)
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

Post by Reg18 »

Thanks guys, been recording all day so haven't had time to try this yet but I think it will have the global tap on because the tempo you tap in sets it for every preset! So I'll try turning it off and see if I can figure out the rest

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Other option is to run a midi cable out of the keyboard players rig, or whoever is in charge of tracks - and every time they launch the next track the timeline will be sent midiclock... Or basicially what Eruera said.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...