Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Candeevr4
I had issues getting my Firehawk FX to update from windows and it ended up being the usb cable causing the issue.
BY Bg
Yeah as I've had recent issues, I tried 3 different cables lol... it just needed mac goodness to soothe its cares away.
BY Bg
Hey quick 30 min playing review....
Its nowhere as easy as the headrush to edit, I miss the touch screen and the obvious ways to mess with shit without getting into a software editor. Scribble strips.
I don't miss - usb issues, other than the initial one.
And it sounds better out of the box - the headrush always sounded dark, so much that I assigned a global eq to it. Haven't needed to do that yet on the helix.

Labour weekend gives me a good opportunity to play around - with the helix LT :D
BY sirvill
Yeah the LT and the Floor have the same brain and power - just no scribble strips, and less ins and outs.

So if you don't need the strips and the ins and outs, LT is just as good.

Interested to see how it sounds with the Headrush speaker! Also, if you've got a bass, and no partner/neighbours around, mind doing a bass patch and cranking it up? I'm wondering if i can replace my poweramp/cab with a Headrush speaker for band practice on bass.
BY Bg
yep its one of the reasons I wanted to go headrush/headrush frfr. to minimise rig needs. Hoping to kick the missus out of the house for at least a couple of hours this weekend to get it cranking ;)
BY sirvill
Picked up a Headrush FRFR with a bit of help from Dave - got one yesterday, and took it to band practice: was DOA!!

Returned it today and picked up another one... tested a bit at home, fark its loud. Seems to put out a fair bit of bass too, so I'm hopeful for band practice levels for next week.
BY Bg
Yeah, I've not taken mine past halfway yet.
BY sirvill
Yeah on about 3 or 4 was too much for the ears in the bedroom for sure. I am running it with "Volume Knob off" and Line Level for the XLR out though so its giving maximum juice the Helix can output.