Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Aquila Rossa
Bg wrote:yep amplitube is excellent, I still prefer bias amp for modelling and bias fx. They're all getting better exponentially.

I like the standalone versions, so can quickly fire them up and jam to a backing without having to load a DAW.
BY null_pointer
Ok Helix masters - how do I set my newly-created preset with my pedals to start in the off position, then activate when i stomp the assigned switch? I'm in the PC editor, i set up my chain and set the pedals to 'off' as I don't want them active initially, assign to a footswitch then label. Save the thing, and then I cant turn em on. The footswitch lights up as it should when clicked but no action.
Probably in the manual but I left that at home...
BY opsguy
That's odd - if you have saved the preset with the effect switched off then it should work. Are you saving the preset form the helix itself or the editor?
BY StratMatt
And they say the Helix is easier to use than an AX8 :rofl:
BY null_pointer
opsguy wrote:That's odd - if you have saved the preset with the effect switched off then it should work. Are you saving the preset form the helix itself or the editor?

From the editor. And I can see my little chain there on the Helix screen, but it is ignoring me. Interestingly enough when I check some other presets I see they appear as assigned to footswitches but their assignment in the editor is 'None' - so maybe the editor isn't the way to assign pedals?
BY Kris
i never had the luxury of the editor,but i found there wasnt anything i couldnt do via the unit (because there was no editor at that stage only a preset manager).its been too long out of my hands to be able to tell you how though-but the manual is online...
BY null_pointer
Kris wrote:i never had the luxury of the editor,but i found there wasnt anything i couldnt do via the unit (because there was no editor at that stage only a preset manager).its been too long out of my hands to be able to tell you how though-but the manual is online...

So is this forum :)
BY null_pointer
To clarify, yes I can search away for the answer, but thought I'd ask the experience pool, as that saves me working out how to frame my question in such a way as to get the answer quickly :P
BY opsguy
null_pointer wrote:
opsguy wrote:That's odd - if you have saved the preset with the effect switched off then it should work. Are you saving the preset form the helix itself or the editor?

From the editor. And I can see my little chain there on the Helix screen, but it is ignoring me. Interestingly enough when I check some other presets I see they appear as assigned to footswitches but their assignment in the editor is 'None' - so maybe the editor isn't the way to assign pedals?

I always assign the footswitches on the unit, much easier.
BY null_pointer
Hmm that seems to be a consensus, however I've always been an interface type of person (H9 I never touch the pedal), and I find it easier to work straight off my desktop with the unit on the floor. So if I can solve this, it will give it more of a fighting chance of hanging around!
BY null_pointer
Right got around that issue - required a global preset reset to work. Next issue for the learned - if I save a delay (say Vintage) it *seems* to save on, then if I click on it doubles up (sometimes with the full 8S delay time). Anyone know if there's something special about saving delays? The verbs seem fine.
BY null_pointer
Anyone else know why when I save a delay to a footswitch, it appears that I always get exactly one echo when off, then obviously on the delay does its thing? I thought it may have something to do with the parameter selected at assigning (mix, etc) but that doesn't appear to be the case. Also doesn't seem to be a problem with anyone else's patches I download, yet if I add an additional delay into the flow, same thing happens.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong, just can't see what. No issues with any other type of effect (verb, OD, etc).