Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Line6 Heeeeeelix!

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Bg wrote:yep amplitube is excellent, I still prefer bias amp for modelling and bias fx. They're all getting better exponentially.
I like the standalone versions, so can quickly fire them up and jam to a backing without having to load a DAW.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Ok Helix masters - how do I set my newly-created preset with my pedals to start in the off position, then activate when i stomp the assigned switch? I'm in the PC editor, i set up my chain and set the pedals to 'off' as I don't want them active initially, assign to a footswitch then label. Save the thing, and then I cant turn em on. The footswitch lights up as it should when clicked but no action.
Probably in the manual but I left that at home...

opsguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by opsguy »

That's odd - if you have saved the preset with the effect switched off then it should work. Are you saving the preset form the helix itself or the editor?

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

And they say the Helix is easier to use than an AX8 :rofl:
Loving it so far

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

StratMatt wrote:And they say the Helix is easier to use than an AX8 :rofl:
The AX8 I didnt even try with - far too hard!

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

opsguy wrote:That's odd - if you have saved the preset with the effect switched off then it should work. Are you saving the preset form the helix itself or the editor?
From the editor. And I can see my little chain there on the Helix screen, but it is ignoring me. Interestingly enough when I check some other presets I see they appear as assigned to footswitches but their assignment in the editor is 'None' - so maybe the editor isn't the way to assign pedals?

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

i never had the luxury of the editor,but i found there wasnt anything i couldnt do via the unit (because there was no editor at that stage only a preset manager).its been too long out of my hands to be able to tell you how though-but the manual is online...

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

Kris wrote:i never had the luxury of the editor,but i found there wasnt anything i couldnt do via the unit (because there was no editor at that stage only a preset manager).its been too long out of my hands to be able to tell you how though-but the manual is online...
So is this forum :)

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

To clarify, yes I can search away for the answer, but thought I'd ask the experience pool, as that saves me working out how to frame my question in such a way as to get the answer quickly :P

opsguy
Fender
Fender

Post by opsguy »

null_pointer wrote:
opsguy wrote:That's odd - if you have saved the preset with the effect switched off then it should work. Are you saving the preset form the helix itself or the editor?
From the editor. And I can see my little chain there on the Helix screen, but it is ignoring me. Interestingly enough when I check some other presets I see they appear as assigned to footswitches but their assignment in the editor is 'None' - so maybe the editor isn't the way to assign pedals?
I always assign the footswitches on the unit, much easier.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

Hmm that seems to be a consensus, however I've always been an interface type of person (H9 I never touch the pedal), and I find it easier to work straight off my desktop with the unit on the floor. So if I can solve this, it will give it more of a fighting chance of hanging around!

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

Right got around that issue - required a global preset reset to work. Next issue for the learned - if I save a delay (say Vintage) it *seems* to save on, then if I click on it doubles up (sometimes with the full 8S delay time). Anyone know if there's something special about saving delays? The verbs seem fine.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

Anyone else know why when I save a delay to a footswitch, it appears that I always get exactly one echo when off, then obviously on the delay does its thing? I thought it may have something to do with the parameter selected at assigning (mix, etc) but that doesn't appear to be the case. Also doesn't seem to be a problem with anyone else's patches I download, yet if I add an additional delay into the flow, same thing happens.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong, just can't see what. No issues with any other type of effect (verb, OD, etc).

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Anyone still using these, or have you all gone quiet cause you're just using it happily? :p

opsguy
Fender
Fender

Post by opsguy »

Happy with it, upgrades have been great. Kemper great too.