Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Re: Line6 Heeeeeelix!

Post by Candeevr4 »

I had issues getting my Firehawk FX to update from windows and it ended up being the usb cable causing the issue.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Yeah as I've had recent issues, I tried 3 different cables lol... it just needed mac goodness to soothe its cares away.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Hey quick 30 min playing review....
Its nowhere as easy as the headrush to edit, I miss the touch screen and the obvious ways to mess with shit without getting into a software editor. Scribble strips.
I don't miss - usb issues, other than the initial one.
And it sounds better out of the box - the headrush always sounded dark, so much that I assigned a global eq to it. Haven't needed to do that yet on the helix.

Labour weekend gives me a good opportunity to play around - with the helix LT :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Yeah the LT and the Floor have the same brain and power - just no scribble strips, and less ins and outs.

So if you don't need the strips and the ins and outs, LT is just as good.

Interested to see how it sounds with the Headrush speaker! Also, if you've got a bass, and no partner/neighbours around, mind doing a bass patch and cranking it up? I'm wondering if i can replace my poweramp/cab with a Headrush speaker for band practice on bass.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yep its one of the reasons I wanted to go headrush/headrush frfr. to minimise rig needs. Hoping to kick the missus out of the house for at least a couple of hours this weekend to get it cranking ;)

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sirvill »

Picked up a Headrush FRFR with a bit of help from Dave - got one yesterday, and took it to band practice: was DOA!!

Returned it today and picked up another one... tested a bit at home, fark its loud. Seems to put out a fair bit of bass too, so I'm hopeful for band practice levels for next week.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Yeah, I've not taken mine past halfway yet.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sirvill »

Yeah on about 3 or 4 was too much for the ears in the bedroom for sure. I am running it with "Volume Knob off" and Line Level for the XLR out though so its giving maximum juice the Helix can output.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

I have a terrible habit of re-buying things. I now have my 3rd Helix, and 2nd LR Baggs Venue DI. Might hold onto the Helix for an extended period now, too many times when I didn't have it I was thinking 'man that'd be the ideal thing for this little gig'.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

null_pointer wrote:I have a terrible habit of re-buying things. I now have my 3rd Helix, and 2nd LR Baggs Venue DI. Might hold onto the Helix for an extended period now, too many times when I didn't have it I was thinking 'man that'd be the ideal thing for this little gig'.
do you even remember where all your gears are? the last few times I met Jonas in Aucks, he's always brought the Blue Suhr Tele that you bought back from me and I was wondering if you even played it since you got it back? :lol:

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

KNNZ wrote:
null_pointer wrote:I have a terrible habit of re-buying things. I now have my 3rd Helix, and 2nd LR Baggs Venue DI. Might hold onto the Helix for an extended period now, too many times when I didn't have it I was thinking 'man that'd be the ideal thing for this little gig'.
do you even remember where all your gears are? the last few times I met Jonas in Aucks, he's always brought the Blue Suhr Tele that you bought back from me and I was wondering if you even played it since you got it back? :lol:
Hah he's had it since end of last year...and my Suhr S is out with another dude, as is my Markbass amp, ES-335 and a bunch of pedals...Jonas probably had the BatCat with him too last time? I really do need to round everything up at some stage!

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Just got hold of a Helix. I was hoping that I would be happy enough with it that it could replace my Kemper... but no. The Helix with the Kemper in 4CM works great though! The first thing I noticed which bugged me is that the gain staging on all the default settings for the amps is way too hot, resulting in some awful digital clipping artifacts. The Vox models, for one, all have their masters on 10 and the clipping is painful on anything over 5 (even then I can hear it!) Does anyone else have this issue? Before anyone says it, I already have the Input Pad switched on, although I shouldn't really need it since my pickups are vintage output. With the amp model bypassed I can hit the strings as hard as I can and not get it to clip.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

Yeah the defaults almost universally suck unless they’re higher gain (and therefore already compressed). I can only imagine their intent with them is into mixes to cut, or recording as I find all the clean amp models ‘brittle’, trebly and thin. But a little massaging and that goes away, especially when iRs are introduced. I skipped the whole class and just bought premade patches I liked the sound of, but one day I’ll learn to manipulate on my own! Check out Jason Sadites’ Helix videos on YouTube he does a great job of educating

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

A Helix to replace a Kemper? Definitely no way :lol:

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

KNNZ wrote:A Helix to replace a Kemper? Definitely no way :lol:
Depends what you're after. There are many areas where the Kemper falls short of the Helix.