Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY null_pointer
I'm back on the bus again too. Sounds amazing for bass, last session I just used the IncuBass preset with a fuzz pedal, really happy with the tone. Jason Sadites on YooToob has some great tutorials on setting up patches (chains, where to put eq, how to get sag etc) that bring out the more realistic 'in the room' tone (especially when compared to the stock guitar patches) - well worth checking out.
BY jaxman16
I'm thinking about getting one of these for live use, would be easy for changing between high gain tones and clean tones as currently my 5150 isn't good for that. Plus it's heavy af to carry around to every practice/gig hahaha. Does anyone here use their Helix live? And can advise me how to use it with a cabinet and which power amp they use/how it's set up? Thanks very much in advance, you legends!
BY StratMatt
null_pointer wrote:I'm back on the bus again too. Sounds amazing for bass, last session I just used the IncuBass preset with a fuzz pedal, really happy with the tone. Jason Sadites on YooToob has some great tutorials on setting up patches (chains, where to put eq, how to get sag etc) that bring out the more realistic 'in the room' tone (especially when compared to the stock guitar patches) - well worth checking out.

Did you ever go back to try the Powercab again or was it just a bit meh?
BY Lawrence
StratMatt wrote:
Did you ever go back to try the Powercab again or was it just a bit meh?

Im loving mine...mainly using the speaker emulation at the moment. I might use the FRFR function for some stuff but being able to swap the speaker in a cab on demand is pretty cool. I was comfortable with the L3M as an frfr but the Power cab is definitely more like having an amp - taking the mic and monitoring out of the chain does seem to make it feel more immediate.