bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: New Strymon on the way soon.

Post by bender »

Conway wrote:
benderissimo wrote:I think you guys may be missing an important point- there are two separate delay lines. That's something that sets it apart. Polyrhythms people, Polyrhythms!

Not that that holds any appeal to me...
You can do double delays on the Timeline.
Yes. But then you'd need to buy a Timeline.
jeremyb wrote:
benderissimo wrote:I think you guys may be missing an important point- there are two separate delay lines. That's something that sets it apart. Polyrhythms people, Polyrhythms!

Not that that holds any appeal to me...
Doesn't the red witch titan have 3?
Yes, but they aren't tempo linked or even tempo controlled.

I think this is a cool pedal... but I won't be buying one.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

I guess for me tempo isn't an issue as I'm using delays for thickening up and sustaining notes, you don't actually hear any repeats :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

I agree the smaller strymons are the more interesting units - but I'd prefer to have multiple delay units to create this sound anyway. I should look into that
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Might be something you'd warm to.

Big ones too. I don't think you're the kind of guy to have delays in little cases...
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

I'm planning on getting one.. haha

I have the timeline, as i mentioned previously, My timeline is reserved for the "special" delay setting that I use in an ambient setting.

I have another Delay(my Vox Time Machine) on all the time pretty much, so this would be PERFECT for what I play. Esp with reverby delay settings.

Bloody awesome. haha.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

TmcB wrote:Golden Ratio repeats could be cool
what exactly is this? Had a wee read about the dig and it doesn't seem to mention anything about it?

EDIT: k just did a google , brain esplode
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

New Strymon on the way soon.

Post by Eruera »

Meh Golden Ratio is old hat. Fibonacci delays are the real biz now.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 934 times

Post by Reg18 »

It seems to me Strymon are doing to the Timeline what ehx did to the Hog! Take one of the features, tweak it a bit a release it another pedal. Freeze,Super Ego, Pog series have all stemmed from the Hog (which pretty much does what they all do combined!)

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Reg18 wrote:It seems to me Strymon are doing to the Timeline what ehx did to the Hog! Take one of the features, tweak it a bit a release it another pedal. Freeze,Super Ego, Pog series have all stemmed from the Hog (which pretty much does what they all do combined!)
its called maximizing their market. Just look at this thread and the involvement of people. They could just repaint one of their old pedals and it would sell shit loads more again.

quality plus hype = ??
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

already a el cap on listed on TM this morning,,
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

willow13 wrote:
Reg18 wrote:It seems to me Strymon are doing to the Timeline what ehx did to the Hog! Take one of the features, tweak it a bit a release it another pedal. Freeze,Super Ego, Pog series have all stemmed from the Hog (which pretty much does what they all do combined!)
its called maximizing their market. Just look at this thread and the involvement of people. They could just repaint one of their old pedals and it would sell shit loads more again.

quality plus hype = ??
They're all the same hardware inside I would imagine, just different DSP algorithms, cheap as chips for them to push out new models!! The thing I like about Neunabers stuff is that they're quite upfront about their stereo pedals all being the same inside, even to the point that you can load the software for the different models onto your own pedal!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

I'd like to see them (and other pedal makers) do something else; a new type of effect that hasn't been done before. I listened to all the demos this morning, and it's the usual goodness from Strymon, but it's still just a delay pedal. I want them to do a mean looper, or something else that's not been done before.

Everyone just goes over the same old ground. Everyday I get updates from all the pedal sellers and updates from youtube, but it's just all the same old effects being rehashed over and over. In a way, the Deco was something original (ish), but have they invented everything there is to invent when it comes to effects? Surely there's something else to be thought up.

Beautiful modulation delay though - hats off once again to Strymon.
Make Music Great Again

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 655 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

Clanger wrote:I'd like to see them (and other pedal makers) do something else; a new type of effect that hasn't been done before. I listened to all the demos this morning, and it's the usual goodness from Strymon, but it's still just a delay pedal. I want them to do a mean looper, or something else that's not been done before.

Everyone just goes over the same old ground. Everyday I get updates from all the pedal sellers and updates from youtube, but it's just all the same old effects being rehashed over and over. In a way, the Deco was something original (ish), but have they invented everything there is to invent when it comes to effects? Surely there's something else to be thought up.

We're getting into the refining stage of the lifecycle of effects. All the major things have been done, we're just refining and improving the main things further. Most boutique pedals are mashing up ideas, or tweaking old favourites for improved use in modern situations and the like.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Kloppsta »

Clanger wrote:I'd like to see them (and other pedal makers) do something else; a new type of effect that hasn't been done before. I listened to all the demos this morning, and it's the usual goodness from Strymon, but it's still just a delay pedal. I want them to do a mean looper, or something else that's not been done before.

There are a few pedal makers out there doing just that! They can be harder to find....not being "mainstream" and all, but if you go looking you can find some really cool and unique stuff! At the end of the day, unless you are only into noise making, a pedal needs to be musical which is why the tried and true reverb, delay, modulation et al are where the focus is for the bigger brands. Imo.
Little by little, by hook or by crook

Kev77
Mr Echo

Post by Kev77 »

I think were about 5mins away from every pedal being a "slate" type deal where you just download the code/ blueprint etc.
Strymon, as clever as they are - are essentially selling a set of parameters in a set DSP engine.
They'll be selling a Strymon tweak able blank next. and then analogue ludites like me will left on the curb.