KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

New Strymon Multiswitch

Post by KentNZ »

If the Strymon one does the 'hold down for fast scrolling' thing then the DMC might be a tough ask for another $60US?

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Re: New Strymon Multiswitch

Post by SimpleSi »

KentNZ wrote:If the Strymon one does the 'hold down for fast scrolling' thing then the DMC might be a tough ask for another $60US?
The DMC controls my Mobius, bigsky and timeline all at once as well as the looper functions.

I asked Strymon how it differs, it only does one pedal at once with TRS. It is pretty small and cool. If you only have one pedal that needs it then this is your best bet. If you're like me with the whole family, getting a DMC 3 or 4 will do you much much much better
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimpleSi »

Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

New Strymon Multiswitch

Post by KentNZ »

I so want one of those.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

New Strymon Multiswitch

Post by KentNZ »

Do they all have external tap (dmc3s)? And I can't quite see there, but that's midi cables not TRS its using eh? So, with my external tap I can control both timeline and, in my case, big sky? Does the DMC have midi through (in case I want to send control from laptop as well?!) too complicated maybe. One or other? Hmm

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

New Strymon Multiswitch

Post by KentNZ »

So. Best place to get one?

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimpleSi »

KentNZ wrote:Do they all have external tap (dmc3s)? And I can't quite see there, but that's midi cables not TRS its using eh? So, with my external tap I can control both timeline and, in my case, big sky? Does the DMC have midi through (in case I want to send control from laptop as well?!) too complicated maybe. One or other? Hmm
Dmc4 has a 4th button to allocate as a tap. I made myself a tap for $30 lol.
It only has midi out. And USB. You can get models with a foot roller too.

Disasterareaamps.com I think is the website, google it. They have an Australian reseller, which is where I got mine. You'll see it at tronfest.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Is there a short answer for "DMC 4 vs DMC3?" (as far as I can seen, the fourth button is just for a few setup features or tap? I want to feed tap in from an external so... any other reason I might want the 4?)

You said you built a tap for $30, but thats about the price diffence anyway?

3 XL looks good. There's a new 3T, but it only does one pedal... so, Strymon's one would do better there.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

Post by Reg18 »

The diaster area looks like a great product, and it means you can keep your exp jack for an expression pedal. Although I see T1M have already anounced there version of the multi switch, so my guess is it would be a very simple pedal to make if you had some know how.

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 655 times
Been liked: 561 times

Post by TmcB »

Oh yeah, it'll be more to do with firmware updates than the switch itself.

My pick; three soft momentary swtiches, each with one of the combinations Conway described here
Conway wrote: Simple mathematic combinations would suggest:
1. Tip & sleeve
2. Ring & sleeve
3. Tip and ring & sleeve.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimpleSi »

KentNZ wrote:Is there a short answer for "DMC 4 vs DMC3?" (as far as I can seen, the fourth button is just for a few setup features or tap? I want to feed tap in from an external so... any other reason I might want the 4?)

You said you built a tap for $30, but thats about the price diffence anyway?

3 XL looks good. There's a new 3T, but it only does one pedal... so, Strymon's one would do better there.
$27 nzd for the self made tap. Lol.
The prices for the DMC are USD.

Buy it from Aussie and get it shipped here for around $20nzd.

The 3 vs the 4 is pretty much what you said. However the 3's can come with a foot roller and a few other options.
Making yourself a trs switch could work too, just need to update your pedals and work out what combinations switch which

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

SimpleSi wrote:
KentNZ wrote:If the Strymon one does the 'hold down for fast scrolling' thing then the DMC might be a tough ask for another $60US?
The DMC controls my Mobius, bigsky and timeline all at once as well as the looper functions.
when we get to gearfest, I think you're going to have to give me a another rundown of your pedal board!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

I have a DMC-4 Gen2 and don't use the 4th button for tap - no point as the Timeline has one built-in already.

What I use it for is infinite freeze/hold on the BigSky, which allowed me to take an EHX Freeze off the pedalboard. You can also make it recall a favourite preset instantly. It's very cool!

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Recall preset is a nice idea. Freeze too. Hmmm.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

What MIDI to USB cable would you guys recommend. I almost bought an Ashton one today, but wanted to know if there were cheaper ones (Ashton was $50 from Music Works). I don't use MIDI at all, so I don't really want to waste $50 on a cable I'll only use once to perform this firmware update with.
Make Music Great Again